Visa in-hand, but a small problem

Okay, so We've had our visa in hand for a couple days now. Just getting back into the groove of things, and enjoyed ourselves for May-Day.

Outside of the brown covering there is a paper that lists the "Visa Summary" on this paper the "Final Destination" address is not correct.

I know, why, and how this problem occurred I just need to know how to resolve it.

The problem arose because on the I-130 that we gave to Beijing, question #18 asks for the address your relative intends to live at in the US - I filled this out with my Co-Sponsor's address because this is where we will be staying. However, between the time that we traveled to Beijing to our interview in GZ my Co-Sponsor moved to a bigger house (in anticipation of our arrival) thus causing the error. We had letters, and even the flyer for the house with us at the GZ interview but nothing was looked at.

Is this something that can be taken care of at the Point of Entry (POE), if so what should I prepare? Or should I fill out an I-865 and send it in now/later? Or is there a place I can call? I noticed on the GZ website they have an online change of address - could this be useful?

I'm not too concerned about it, I just don't want her Green-card to be mailed to the other house - although it's only a couple streets over.

Thanks,

Tom

She will provide her mailing address at the POE. Shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to take an extra step to try and make sure, you can fill out an AR-11 Change of Address form.

You might also get an InfoPass appointment to check that address once you are in the US.

She will provide her mailing address at the POE. Shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to take an extra step to try and make sure, you can fill out an AR-11 Change of Address form.

You might also get an InfoPass appointment to check that address once you are in the US.

Ditto!

Provide correct address when entering the USA, these things can and do change from time of submission of I-130 and/or DS-230 and entry to the USA.

As Randy said, you can file an AR-11 after she arrives, also if you moved after providing I-864 to NVC, you need to file an I-865 to show sponsor's change of address.

You could also file a change of address with the USPS so that if they did send you some mail at the previous address, it would be forwarded to the new one. You can do it online.

A word of caution, USCIS tends to mark correspondence "Return Service Requested" This means do not forward, return instead. So it is best to have address correct with USCIS before they send anything.

AR-11 and I-865 need to be filed.

AR-11 can be filed now even before using the visa, this will insure that welcome letters, green-card and other things get properly delivered.