Just like living in China

tonado

Workers are trying repair a pipe that burst yesterday, leaving 2 million Greater Boston residents without clean drinking water. Really a pain. Cannot use tab water to brush teeth. Had to drive over 20 miles to get bottle water yesterday. Hope it won't last more than a few days.

Workers are trying repair a pipe that burst yesterday, leaving 2 million Greater Boston residents without clean drinking water. Really a pain. Cannot use tab water to brush teeth. Had to drive over 20 miles to get bottle water yesterday. Hope it won't last more than a few days.

After I saw your post, I immediately went to a supermarket (Stop & Shop) in Boston. The water shelves were completely empty. But luckily, the store took some bottled water from their warehouse and put the bottled water at the back of the store. I bought some bottled water and it was gone fast. The shoppers appear quite frantic, as everyone was rushing to buy bottled water. Must mean good business for water bottlers.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Most of the time the water department will ask you to boil your water for 15-20 minutes or so to kill any parasite or bacteria. Check with your water department.

Luckily we have an electric hot water pot. They recommend boiling at least one minute. They don't want you to use tab water for brushing teeth and for washing dishes by hands.

I like Mikey's idea - beer works. :roller:

You boil beer ?? ;) :huh:

Luckily we have an electric hot water pot. They recommend boiling at least one minute. They don't want you to use tab water for brushing teeth and for washing dishes by hands.

I like Mikey's idea - beer works. :lol:

You boil beer ?? :lol: :huh:

I don't but it works for cooking German sausage. I was actually responding to Tony's use for tooth brushing. Not sure I'd waste it for dish washing, though.

I tried boiled coke with gingers, with suggestions from my wife's friend. It worked fine.

I like Mikey's idea - beer works. :lol:

You boil beer ?? :blink: :huh:

I don't but it works for cooking German sausage. I was actually responding to Tony's use for tooth brushing. Not sure I'd waste it for dish washing, though.

Yea this is good for a cold .. surprisingly enough to me ..

I tried boiled coke with gingers, with suggestions from my wife's friend. It worked fine.