AOS questions on I-131

Need some feedback from folks who've done the AOS AP process.

Looks like we have several options for getting the advanced parole doc. We can file the I-131 with the rest of the AOS forms now or wait and file later with proof of 1-485 submission. Both option should be fee free.

What about the biometrics appointments? How are they handled?

If we file the AP, the EAD and the I-485 all together, do they lump all the biometrics sessions into 1 or do they make you show up for 3 separate biometric sessions?

What if we do the AP at a later date? Do you have to do a separate biometric session for that if you already done one with the I-485 or EAD?

We don't have any concrete travel plans yet. ( i.e. no tickets booked, but not sure they are necessary anyway.) We are looking at the AP as an added insurance policy for use during emergencies. We already know about the EXPEDITE process and in person infopass filing, but we are trying to avoid those options since that's the last thing you want to worry about in an emergency. Can you just give them a date on the AP application that might change along the way?

How have other people done this?

Other considerations?

They don't have biometrics for the I-131 - they simply use the photo that you send in with the application.

But, yes, the biometrics for I-485 and I-765 will be scheduled together, if they are filed together.

The AP is good for one year with no restrictions as to date, and is fairly routinely granted. You may renew every year for free, so why not keep one on hand?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

They don't have biometrics for the I-131 - they simply use the photo that you send in with the application.

But, yes, the biometrics for I-485 and I-765 will be scheduled together, if they are filed together.

The AP is good for one year with no restrictions as to date, and is fairly routinely granted. You may renew every year for free, so why not keep one on hand?

We plan to get one, but was concerned whether USCIS will scrutinize the "travel plans" portion of form. I guess we just put something in the "date of intended departure" in part 3 that will just "magically" change.

Thanks.