AOS questions on I-485

On Part 1.

Is the "Expires on" question referring to the I-94 expiration or the K1 visa expiration date?

On Part 3.

Is the Nonimmigrant Visa Number the "red number" on the K1 Visa or is it the control number?

On the Initial Evidence Front.

We plan to include a copy of the notarial birth certificate book that we brought to the Consulate for the visa interview. Based on the instructions, the USCIS requests that "the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English." However, there's only a line in the notarial birth certificate book that certifies that the English translation copy conforms to the Chinese copy. No other translator's certification is available. Wondering if that is sufficient for USCIS?

Do they want the original I-94 submitted or a copy?

On page 4, Item 12 B of the instructions, they want a copy of the NOA#2, a copy of the marriage cert, and "your Form I-94", (not a copy).

If you read further, on page 9, under interview, they indicate that you need to bring the I-94 to the interview.

Edited by mmpv (see edit history)

1) I-94 expiration date, NOT K-1 expiration. K-1 is VOIDED the moment it is used to enter the USA, its expiration has to do with the last date it can be used to enter the USA, it has nothing to do with AOS.

2) RED Number on Visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/Visa/visa_after_entry.jpg

Send ONLY a COPY of the I-94 you KEEP the original.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD Only original things in package should be I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765, Passport photos (2 - 6 depending on if filing I-765 and/or I-131). All other things should be simple photo copies.

The notarial translation is sufficient, it should have a seal of the office that translated it, that is certification enough. Note send a PHOTO copy of this NOT the original.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

thanks Dan. we have 2007 and 2008 tax transcripts, can we send in photocopies of these or do we have to submit the originals?

thanks Dan. we have 2007 and 2008 tax transcripts, can we send in photocopies of these or do we have to submit the originals?

Photo copies are fine, or send the originals you can always get another set from IRS if needed later.