Learn somthing new about China everyday.

Apparently this is one of the "perks" of living in the province of Guangdong. Other provinces do not do this as they are not as rich as Guangdong (according to wifey)

If you live in the "country" (My understanding is this means rural area) the provincial government sends you on an expense paid vacation every year.

Last month all the women were sent and last week all the men were sent to Hinan...Included air fare, lodging and boarding for 3/4 days.

I was amazed till I thought about growing up in India...

My dad used to work for the equivalent of the Fedral Reserve in the US and every two years he was given money for a family vacation.

Imagine this happening in America; not to mention we work more hours then anyone else on the planet. :)

Most companies provide an expense paid week-end trip once a year for the employees too.

This year it was Hainan because the government is trying to develope it as a gambling Mecca -- on par with Maccau and, gasp, Las Vegas.

Does that mean there will be hookers and strip clubs there? :)

Huh? Will be???

There already are!

Ever since I can remember, there have been more hookers and strip clubs per square mile in Hainan than anywhere else in China -- even including Jilin Province.

Seen a lot of hookers in all kinds of places (even barber shops) but never run across what I would call a real Las Vegas strip club. At least not yet but then again even thinking about looking for one would result in a mop slap ... just writing this will probably give my wife one of her "feelings" and end up in a mop slap....

This year it was Hainan because the government is trying to develope it as a gambling Mecca -- on par with Maccau and, gasp, Las Vegas.

Does that mean there will be hookers and strip clubs there? :lol:

Huh? Will be???

There already are!

Ever since I can remember, there have been more hookers and strip clubs per square mile in Hainan than anywhere else in China -- even including Jilin Province.

Seen a lot of hookers in all kinds of places (even barber shops) but never run across what I would call a real Las Vegas strip club. At least not yet but then again even thinking about looking for one would result in a mop slap ... just writing this will probably give my wife one of her "feelings" and end up in a mop slap....

There might not be strip clubs but wifey did take me to check out a "whore house" in Zengcheng.

This place was simply amazing and very very EXPENSIVE. :lol: