Hey everyone.

It is time for us to file our I-751. If any of you remember my episodes during our initial filing for CR-1, you probably know what I am like right now as I type this :D

I do not have much evidence, so I am including our tax returns (married filing joint for the past 3 years), letters from our credit unions stating joint accounts, a letter from our life insurance company showing beneficiary status for each others' plans, and a letter showing my 401k beneficiary is my hubby.

One quick question I had was regarding some property in China. My hubby and I have an apartment, and it is in both of our names. However, the name on the deed is my maiden name since we had aquired it before we came back to America (at which time I changed my name). Should I include it as proof of joint assets and explain that my maiden name is not changed since we have not been back to China since moving here, or can I just attach the copy of the deed and figure they will figure it out (a copy should already be in his file since we used it as evidence during the I-130). Is it even worth re-filing it because they already have it in his file?

Do we need to include anything like our marriage certificate or anything that we included on the I-130? I imagine it is just redundant. I will also try to get afidavits from a co-worker and a mutual friend.

Since we do not have many assets, anyone else have any ideas about what can be included to prove that we are still a married couple? We definitely are even if we do not own much together, we still pay all our bills together and our paychecks both go into one joint account. What else is there?

We had similar situation only NO joint property, live in the family homestead.

We included affidavits from close friends (TWO) note this is NOT a suggestion in the instructions, it is pretty much a requirement.

We traveled a bit, so included pictures of us together in many different places like Grand-Canyon, Las Vegas, Key West, Disney World, Toronto, etc.. (just one pic from each place, fit on 2 letter sized pages).

Wife and I have a small home business together, so included photo copy of commission checks showing both names, joint accounts, credit card in both names, mail to joint address, copies of letters from local collage she is taking classes at showing her address as my address.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Marriage cert etc like for I-130 not needed.

Thanks for the always fast reply.

I will definitely get the affidavits after reading your post. I was figuring on getting a few anyway, but I will definitely work on that.

Do you think that in addition to the two I get from mutual friends having one from my mom/dad telling the examiner that we live in their house is a good idea? Or is it obvious enough by showing various proof that we use the same address on all our forms/bills.

I was thinking of including different addressed bills from over the past two years (i.e. credit card bill, life insurance bill, college bills, etc.) so that the officer can see that we have been using the same address since moving to the US and also is able to see that we have lived together over the entire period of time (some bills are joint, others are separate, so that will help to show that both of us are still here). What do you think?

Thank you again for the speedy response. Now I can go to sleep since it's almost 2 am and I need to get to work by 7:30 :D

Thanks for the always fast reply.

I will definitely get the affidavits after reading your post. I was figuring on getting a few anyway, but I will definitely work on that.

Do you think that in addition to the two I get from mutual friends having one from my mom/dad telling the examiner that we live in their house is a good idea? Or is it obvious enough by showing various proof that we use the same address on all our forms/bills.

I was thinking of including different addressed bills from over the past two years (i.e. credit card bill, life insurance bill, college bills, etc.) so that the officer can see that we have been using the same address since moving to the US and also is able to see that we have lived together over the entire period of time (some bills are joint, others are separate, so that will help to show that both of us are still here). What do you think?

Thank you again for the speedy response. Now I can go to sleep since it's almost 2 am and I need to get to work by 7:30 :D

Yes one from parents explaining that live at home is good, in my case we did not provide that.

Yes copies of bills showing same address over past 2 years also is good.

All your ideas are sound.

In our case we were very similar, we got approved without interview.

Don't sweat it too much Erika. This is the easiest of all the immigration steps. I wouldn't go so far as to say the statements from friends is almost a requirement but it is a good idea. What they are interested in is that the marriage is ongoing and still bona fide. Concentrate on that. We didn't send any photos. What I did send was an old bank statement from when we first married showing joint accounts and a new bank statement showing the bank accounts were still current. I sent in copies of joint credit cards, titles to our cars showing joint ownership, etc etc etc.

I don't know of anyone here on CFL who didn't pass nor can I think of anyone who had an interview.

Goodluck

On April 22, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.On April 22, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Here is what we sent in.(Cover letter Copy)

1. Copy of CR1 and CR2 I-551 permanent resident cards.

2. Copy of 2009 tax returns.

3. Copy of tax transcripts for 2006, 2007 and 2008; years we have filed jointly.

4. Copy of current bank account (Bank of America) to show joint account.

5. Copy of previous bank account (M&T Bank) to show joint account.

6. Copy of joint home ownership (Deed)

7. Copy of husband's new 401K showing CR1 as beneficiary.

8. Copy of husband's Pension fund showing CR1 as beneficiary.

9. Copy of Husband's medical coverage plan listing husband, CR1 and CR2

10. Copy of CR1 Federal School loans.

No, we did not send Affidavits or any pics, only items that showed names that matched our address.

I have read that the burden of proof is on the government to prove your NOT bona-fide, rather than the other way around (this time).

Thankfully were not in Guz for this removal of conditions step, and so long as you really are a married couple, the documentation you send in does not have to pass some huge hurdle.

So long as a reasonable person would think your married, you should have no problem.

The important thing to keep in mind is these people do not know you. While your neighbor would laugh, and say "OF COURSE they are a married couple", the office is not your neighbor. He/She doesn't know you at all.

Thus, what your really doing is giving the officer enough information that they can make a reasonable decision.

We should file our forms May 1, but I need to gather tax transcripts etc., and my wife is currently in China.

I will probably file about 60 days before expiration just due to logisitics.

Best wishes.

On April 22, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.On April 22, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

3. Copy of tax transcripts for 2006, 2007 and 2008; years we have filed jointly.

No, we did not send Affidavits or any pics, only items that showed names that matched our address.

Did you have to do biometrics? Thanks for your list, it looks similar to mine, except a house deed :angry:

I have read that the burden of proof is on the government to prove your NOT bona-fide, rather than the other way around (this time).

Thankfully were not in Guz for this removal of conditions step, and so long as you really are a married couple, the documentation you send in does not have to pass some huge hurdle.

So long as a reasonable person would think your married, you should have no problem.

The important thing to keep in mind is these people do not know you. While your neighbor would laugh, and say "OF COURSE they are a married couple", the office is not your neighbor. He/She doesn't know you at all.

Thus, what your really doing is giving the officer enough information that they can make a reasonable decision.

We should file our forms May 1, but I need to gather tax transcripts etc., and my wife is currently in China.

I will probably file about 60 days before expiration just due to logisitics.

Best wishes.

This is good news to hear. After reading all the comments, I decided that I don't really need to worry about it, so I am just going to provide as much as possible then hope for the best, which is really all we can ever really do when it comes to these things :angry:

Did you have to do biometrics? Thanks for your list, it looks similar to mine, except a house deed :lol:

Yes, Bios done.