SS office never gets it right

My new step son Kaiwen has been here for about 2 months. We did check the box for a SS number when the papers were sent to GUZ. Nothing ever arrived so off to the SS office we went today. We handed the clerk the 10 year green card and passport. Kaiwen never received the I-94 card back to him at JFK when he arrived. Did we have his birth certificate with him ..... No ... we need to know who his parents are . Then where is the I-94 card. Hmmmmmm. You are looking at the 10 green card .Why do you need I-94. She calls the supervisor over and we get that problem resolved. On kaiwen's passport it is spelled Kai (space) wen. On the green card it is Kaiwen.

This is a problem. We need to talk to DHS about this matter. It will take a few weeks.So maybe in a month or two we can get a SS number. I am so looking forward to the moment when I deal with a government worker who is in charge of my Obama's health insurance program. :D

Note I-94 is an arrival/departure record for NON-Immigrants like K-Visa holders, your step son should NOT have one, this is why the POE took it and did not give him the departure record.

I would recommend you do as before and not deal with the hick SSA office in Geneseo and head on up to the big city (Rochester or Greece NY) and get the paperwork done. Last time we dealt with them was last summer in the Greece NY office, very competent lady took care of updating my Yu's status to remove the restriction on her card, she was very perceptive.

2ND FLOOR

4050 W RIDGE ROAD

ROCHESTER, NY 14626

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...+14626&z=16

• 1 month later...