I am sure that there are a difference of opionions / thoughts on this, but how long should I wait before I begin my quest to find out our case number from the National Visa Center? I have been reading the numerious posts on what I need to do once I do get the case number so that we can "OPTIN" for the electronic filing.

I am just trying to get ahead and prepare everything so that when we do have our number from NVC, we can move forward.

Thank You For you Advice & Input

Dan

Takes a week to 10 days for petition to transfer from USCIS to NVC.

I'll be departing to see the wife next Friday and returning the 26th. By then I should be able to call then?

Yep!

Takes a week to 10 days for petition to transfer from USCIS to NVC.

I'll be departing to see the wife next Friday and returning the 26th. By then I should be able to call then?

Yep!

one thing, I have read two different things about "tracking" the case at this stage, NVC or DOS? If DOS is there a website for doing this? Are there specific website from the NVC for tracking, payments, etc? if so where can i find this list?

Dan

one thing, I have read two different things about "tracking" the case at this stage, NVC or DOS? If DOS is there a website for doing this? Are there specific website from the NVC for tracking, payments, etc? if so where can i find this list?

Dan

DOS has no online tracking site. USCIS tracking ends weh they send case to NVC.

Only way to get case status is by email or calling DOS visa service.

To reach the National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries) call: 603-334-0700 or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html