Immunizations and Medical Examination Question

Are the vaccinations done at the clinic when the medical exam is done? Is there any added cost for the vaccinations or is it something that only can be done at certain clinics? Not all designated Clinics and Hospitals are listed for receiving vaccinations. A example is the SOS Clinic in Beijing. My wife doesn't have any records, so I'm assuming she will be getting the full dose of all listed vaccinations.

Is there any paperwork that my SO needs to provide when she goes for her appointment? P4 did not contain any Medical Examination documents.

Are the vaccinations done at the clinic when the medical exam is done? Is there any added cost for the vaccinations or is it something that only can be done at certain clinics? Not all designated Clinics and Hospitals are listed for receiving vaccinations. A example is the SOS Clinic in Beijing. My wife doesn't have any records, so I'm assuming she will be getting the full dose of all listed vaccinations.

Is there any paperwork that my SO needs to provide when she goes for her appointment? P4 did not contain any Medical Examination documents.

Our P4 had a section listing different hospitals that are approved for the medical examination along with the costs associated with them.

I don't have our P4 in front of me, as my wife just got done organizing one of those expandable files and I don't want to disrupt her system so I can't copy it exactly, but if I find more information I will post it.

My wife is also in one of those QQ groups and several girls told her that they paid 800rmb + ~440rmb for the vaccinations. I'm a bit confused about this part as the P4 clearly states 800RMB for the hospital we've chosen to go to in Guangzhou. I guess they may not be qualified to do vaccinations at that location though.

Here are some links that may help answer your questions:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39368

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry526766

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...tion-sites.html

Hope that helps

Thank you for the info and links. I'm also very confused about it. I will have my wife call beijing health care and the one in guangzhou to find out the total costs.

Did you already make an appointment with the health care clinic in GUZ? I'm wondering how far in advance this has to be done.

May I ask what the number is of the QQ group your wife talks too about K3/CR1 visa. I would love for my wife to join. This would be very helpful for her to better understand in chinese.

Wife' interview is on April 28th, maybe i'll see you there.

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)

My wife had her vaccinations done at the same clinic she had her medical done at, in our case we were K-1 so had the vaccinations done after the visa interview, she got a Yellow book which we later had transferred to an I-693 when adjusting status in the USA.

Note: CR-1 and IR-1 visas require vaccinations done before visa interview, do them at the visa medical.

You dont make any appointments for the medical, it is a walk in service.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Some locations will allow you to do the vaccinations at the same place as the medical exam. Other places will require you to get the vaccinations done elsewhere simply because they are not authorized to give the shots. This is what happened to us, we got the medical at one place and the hospital provided a taxi service to the other location for the shots. Call and ask them

Some locations will allow you to do the vaccinations at the same place as the medical exam. Other places will require you to get the vaccinations done elsewhere simply because they are not authorized to give the shots. This is what happened to us, we got the medical at one place and the hospital provided a taxi service to the other location for the shots. Call and ask them

Can this all be done the day before the interview? How far in advance did you have it done.

Can this all be done the day before the interview? How far in advance did you have it done.

Yes can do a day before, however you need to be at hospital when they open and pay an expedite fee. We had to do this because in our case the hospital was closed for spring festival and did not open until the day before interview.

It can be done weeks before interview.