Toothache- Chinese style!

I've had a toothache the last couple days and I hate a toothache. I have some painkillers, generic darvocet, that has been taking the edge off the pain. But my wife insist that there is another way- a better way. She wants to rub my chin to ease the pain. Does this way really work? I respect her Chinese ways but I don't think they will work on an Anglo-Saxon like me. I don't know. Maybe I'll let her try just to satisfy her conviction and to get a little "chin massage" out of it for myself. :yay:

What's the story behind this way? Does it really work? :partytime2:

She also says rubbing between the thumb and index finger of the right hand will help with the pain. :happybday:

because so many of the meridians run through the hands, the hands are a common area for treating many issues. Same with the foot and therefore why hand and foot massage is not considered just for relaxation but therapeutic.

That point of the web of the thumb and index finger is very well known and very common treatment to stimulate the Qi along the Large Intestine Meridian, which has a branch which runs up into the throat and mouth and eyes.

I cannot confirm the chin as a massage point for toothache but the stomach meridian runs around the face and into the jaw and eye area, like the Large Intestine Meridian. I find that massage the TMJ areas on side of face in front of and front low of ear is recommended, which are part of the stomach meridian; so most of the related points in that area may work, including the chin.

I've had a toothache the last couple days and I hate a toothache. I have some painkillers, generic darvocet, that has been taking the edge off the pain. But my wife insist that there is another way- a better way. She wants to rub my chin to ease the pain. Does this way really work? I respect her Chinese ways but I don't think they will work on an Anglo-Saxon like me. I don't know. Maybe I'll let her try just to satisfy her conviction and to get a little "chin massage" out of it for myself. :D

What's the story behind this way? Does it really work? :o

She also says rubbing between the thumb and index finger of the right hand will help with the pain. :crazy:

I'd say see a dentist if it doesn't go away. But not these. ;-)

http://wickedreport.com/street-dentists-in-india-and-china/

if doing the ear lobe, slightly towards the front of the lobe.

if one wants to try acupressure on the ears, which maps to the body as shown below, then one can use 'ear seeds' which stay on via an adhesive tape they come with. Looks a little better than walking around a few days with a clothes pin. Anyways, I used some the other day and periodically pressed the seed for deeper pressure.

http://www.americanacupuncture.com/images/acp_points/ear03.gif

I can attest to the ear lobe as well as hand web pressure points to relieve pain in the mouth. I learned this many years ago and it has worked to varying degrees.

Another method is to take one of the little black peppercorns that my wife uses here in Chengdu for spices and put it on the tooth that is cause the problems and then crush it down into the tooth. It will definitely numb the site for about 24-48 hours. Your taste of your saliva will now be terrible! Spit it out and rinse. Repeat if necessary until you can get to a dentist.

There are actually about 200 points on the ear for the body.

The tongue is not an organ or body part which normally has some sort of ailment or disease which requires treatment :lol:

Maybe you should tell us where your tongue has been :lol: (sorry... I think you walked into this one).

The tongue, like the hands, feet, ears and eyes, also has a map of the body but is not needled nor acupressured, it is only read. I'll spare you a picture.