Help with expected timeline for K-1

I'm exploring the site but am having trouble finding current posts about timelines that would give me an idea about how long to expect to wait for P-3.

I filed the 129F for my fiancee in August and in November received word that it was approved and sent to NVC, then received confirmation in December of NVC sending to Guangzhou. Since then have not received anything.

How long should we expect to wait?

Also, I understand the notice will be sent to my fiancee and a copy will be sent to me in the USA. Do I receive my copy about the same time or shortly after, or does it go in ordinary international mail and take weeks?

David (and Na)

Click the link in my signature block.

However I would add a month or two to our NOA1 -> NOA2 timing, at the time we got lucky USCIS was idling waiting for a ton of IMBRA RFE's we got our petition filed using a newer IMBRA I-129F and missed that bullet.

Thank you very much! But now I am concerned. If I am reading it right, the NVC out (notice of petition sent to Guangzhou, if I understand it right) is being followed by the P-3 in a month or so. I received notice of NVC out in December of 09.

Am I reading this right? Should I be concerned? Is there any way I can get information on status from the embassy?

Thank you very much! But now I am concerned. If I am reading it right, the NVC out (notice of petition sent to Guangzhou, if I understand it right) is being followed by the P-3 in a month or so. I received notice of NVC out in December of 09.

Am I reading this right? Should I be concerned? Is there any way I can get information on status from the embassy?

The "Embassy" is located in Beijing, they are not involved.

The CONSULATE in Guangzhou tends to "Receive" NVC packages about 3 months after NVC sends them, and then sends out P3 around that time, so expect P-3 sometime 3 or 4 months after NVC out.

To get status call DOS Visa services here TALK TO AN OPERATOR.

202-663-1225

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

I'm exploring the site but am having trouble finding current posts about timelines that would give me an idea about how long to expect to wait for P-3.

I filed the 129F for my fiancee in August and in November received word that it was approved and sent to NVC, then received confirmation in December of NVC sending to Guangzhou. Since then have not received anything.

How long should we expect to wait?

Also, I understand the notice will be sent to my fiancee and a copy will be sent to me in the USA. Do I receive my copy about the same time or shortly after, or does it go in ordinary international mail and take weeks?

David (and Na)

You can call the Department of State (phone number on their website) to ask for the status of your application. They can tell you the status, whether P3 or P4 has been sent out, etc. Call them and ask. Maybe the mails got misdirected. Did your fiancee move recently but forgot to update the mailing address?

Also, there was the CNY break last month where things slowed down, so that might add to the wait.

By the way, there are a couple of pot holes along the way (where they put your file aside and audit it) that can hold you up. If I remember correctly they can do it at NVC and in Guangzhou. I am not saying this is what's happening to you, but it's something you should look into if you believe you are being overly delayed.

I called the DOS today to celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary. Our visa left the NVC on 01.22 and they told me it has not arrived at the consulate in Guangzhou. They said it is still in PRC Customs and sometimes can be there for 2 months. This waiting ain't no fun no more.

I called the DOS today to celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary. Our visa left the NVC on 01.22 and they told me it has not arrived at the consulate in Guangzhou. They said it is still in PRC Customs and sometimes can be there for 2 months. This waiting ain't no fun no more.

Sounds like you did not OPTIN to the newer electronic processing of the I-130?

If electronic there is no shipping from NVC to Guangzhou, the case is sent to the consulate avoiding the customs delay.

If electronic there is no shipping from NVC to Guangzhou, the case is sent to the consulate avoiding the customs delay.

It wasn't offered to us... :angry:

It wasn't offered to us... :angry:

Is not automatic you have to request by email to OPT IN.