So I got my notice tht my case is being passed on to GUZ a little while back, and when I went to get the notice to send the case number to my little lady... It was gone! I've torn up my house and car looking for it, and it's just not here anymore.

Can NVC give me the GUZ case number? Or perhaps resend the notice? I'd ask them, but gubmit employees don't work weekends like I do.

Would it be possible to contact DOS and get this information from them? That may be worth a shot:

Call 12026631225, when the first automated message begins, hit "1" to bypass it, and then hit "0" to speak with a telephone representative.

So I got my notice tht my case is being passed on to GUZ a little while back, and when I went to get the notice to send the case number to my little lady... It was gone! I've torn up my house and car looking for it, and it's just not here anymore.

Can NVC give me the GUZ case number? Or perhaps resend the notice? I'd ask them, but gubmit employees don't work weekends like I do.

You should be able to call NVC and give them the USCIS case number (you didn't loose that I hope) and they can give you the GUZ number as well as current status. If that doesn't work, try DOS as Kyle suggested.

You can email the your USCIS case number along with name and DOB of petitioner and beneficiary, they will reply with case status and case number.

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I emailed them on the 15th, but got no response so far... This is the 10th working day though... Guess I'm gonna spend my day off trying to get through on the phone again. :S

You can use the DOS automated service and get the GUZ case number (if it has been assigned) using your USCIS petition number.