My wife has a question re: Brother coming to USA

Hi

My wife wants to know the process needed to bring her brother here to visit her now that she has her 10 year green card, is it any easier to do?

Also what are the steps that i can help her to take to bring him here?

Any help would be appreciated ,,,,,

Thanks,

Ben

Hi

My wife wants to know the process needed to bring her brother here to visit her now that she has her 10 year green card, is it any easier to do?

Thanks,

Ben

No - she must become a citizen before she can file an I-130 for a brother or sister. The process is the same as for filing for any other family member.

They are currently processing applications filed in March, 2000 for brother or sister of an American citizen, so expect around a 10 year wait after filing, in addition to the time for her to become a citizen.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hi

Thanks,

Ben

No - she must become a citizen before she can file an I-130 for a brother or sister. The process is the same as for filing for any other family member.

They are currently processing applications filed in March, 2000 for brother or sister of an American citizen, so expect around a 10 year wait after filing, in addition to the time for her to become a citizen.

Yep I was discussing this very same thing over dinner with my wife.

Yep first step is US Citizenship, which your wife can file for this summer essentially 1 year after you filed that I-751 to remove conditions and then upon becoming a US Citizen she can file an I-130 for her siblings.

You said he wanted to visit. This is what a B2 is for.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Very good point!

Yes brother will apply for a B-2 at the US Consulate or Embassy having jurisdiction over where he lives.