Feeling Overwhelmed

We'll, the more and more i dig into the processes after we get NOA2, the more i seem to get confused. I am trying to make lists to organize our life's and to get everything prepared for the electronic processing, then onto the consulate interview.

Then i read more and get either more information to grasp or different information and then more confusion and then more worries..

Any way to really get a good grasp on everything we need to do for the next phases, NVC Electronic Process and then on to the Interview Process. I've read a lot of good post, especially the one about "the kitchen sink" about what to have and to bring, etc. I like list and it was a well thought out organized list which has and is helping me a lot..

Just thought i'd throw this out there, not really frustrated... Just get confused at times at this whole process. I hope to put everything together that i've learned from all that i have read. One thing that was confusing is the email for OPTIN at NVC. It says not only here but on many sites that my wife needs to send in the email. Just for fun, i called the NVC, much nicer than USCIS, they told me that either I can send the email or my wife. Just to include all email addresses that we want to get information at.

We'll hope all my hair doesn't get grey.

Dan

Electronic processing is new so I don't know much about it but the visa process in it's entirety can be overwhelming. I learned when I went through it to break it up into stages and concentrate on one at a time. For example, before you file figure out everything you need for the initial petition and send it in. You have plenty of time between then and P-2 to figure out what you need to do next. Good luck, I wish you a speedy visa process.

The directions state that the email is to come from your wife and not you.

The story was that early on, they were accepting things from either account until they got their act together. Apparently they have relaxed that requirement.

Remember that this is a new process and VERY few have gone all the way through.

Hang in there Dan. As Carl said, just take it one step at a time and then it won't seem so overwhelming.

Should I take the Red Pill or Blue Pill ?

I know it's an old movie now, but sure seems the more I read, the more confusion sets in, the more my brain feels as if it will explode. Oh, saw on the USCIS website our case was "touched" whatever that means..

Dan

sure seems the more I read, the more confusion sets in, the more my brain feels as if it will explode. Oh, saw on the USCIS website our case was "touched" whatever that means..

I remember a similar feeling. Take Carl's (Warpedbored) advice and divide up the process into two steps. As you're on each step, make simple lists of the documents and evidence you will be gathering, and then start getting it. Step 2 (consulate) is more intensive, especially if you didn't "front load," but I don't think it's nearly as overwhelming as it seems at the outset.

You'll figure it out and get through just fine.

sure seems the more I read, the more confusion sets in, the more my brain feels as if it will explode. Oh, saw on the USCIS website our case was "touched" whatever that means..

I remember a similar feeling. Take Carl's (Warpedbored) advice and divide up the process into two steps. As you're on each step, make simple lists of the documents and evidence you will be gathering, and then start getting it. Step 2 (consulate) is more intensive, especially if you didn't "front load," but I don't think it's nearly as overwhelming as it seems at the outset.

I believe I did "Front Load" initial I-130 was about 8lbs with 4" of documents, proof of relationship, deed to house, initial Evolution of Relationship Letter, 80 photos of us together, emails, phone bills, chat sessions, utility bills and all I-130 required documents. So I think I did do the "Front Loading" as it was suggested here.

About the "EOR" letter, can we give another one, updated version at the interview? if so when can she give it to them?

Dan

I believe I did "Front Load" initial I-130 was about 8lbs with 4" of documents, proof of relationship, deed to house, initial Evolution of Relationship Letter, 80 photos of us together, emails, phone bills, chat sessions, utility bills and all I-130 required documents. So I think I did do the "Front Loading" as it was suggested here.

About the "EOR" letter, can we give another one, updated version at the interview? if so when can she give it to them?

Dan

You can give an updated version of your EOR letter to your spouse, and she can then hand it to the VO with her passport (and your passport, if you accompany her to Guangzhou) at the start of the interview.

The VO sometimes reads the letter and sometimes doesn't. The VO for my wife's interview read ours.