Telegraph code

Hello Everyone. I introduced myself a week ago, this is Golden Larson. Before, I was considering moving to China to work after getting Xue Shan's Green Card and wondering how long we could be out of the country. Your answers helped me see that wasn't a good idea. So, we changed course and decided to work in the US and stay there. Thanks for the tips everyone. The USCIS Approved our petition on March 2nd and now it is being sent to the National Visa Center. I do have a question: Form DS-156 requires the Chinese National to put the Telegraph Code for their name on lines 6 and 7 of Form DS-156. I know many of you have been through this, can you tell me where to find the Telegraph Code? We went to the largest Post Office in Sanya and they had no clue what we were talking about.

from Wikipedia

The Chinese Telegraph Code, Chinese Telegraphic Code, or Chinese Commercial Code (simplified Chinese: ÖÐÎĵçÂë; traditional Chinese: ÖÐÎÄ늴a; pinyin: Zh¨­ngw¨¦n di¨¤nm¨£ or simplified Chinese: ÖÐÎĵ籨Âë; traditional Chinese: ÖÐÎÄ늈ó´a; pinyin: Zh¨­ngw¨¦n di¨¤nb¨¤om¨£[1]) is a four-digit decimal code (character encoding) for electrically telegraphing messages written with Chinese characters.

If you decide to go back to the post office, that should help them find what you are looking for, but check out Jin's link first

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)