Finally...Some questions about Filing

After a blessed year and 9 months of no USCIS/DOS stress and only lightly talking about a new application the lil' rabbit and I sat yesterday and talked of the timing of the filing of a new application. Our goal is to have her interview after the first of 2011. Our wedding date is March 5, 2009 and we want her to get a 10 year green card as her POE date will be after our second anniversary.

Now then, if we just go ahead and file later this year for a CR-1 visa, try to time the interview date for the first of next year (Feb or so)and wait until after the second wedding anniversary for her to come to America will the POE (Newark) automatically acknowledge the change from a CR visa to an IR visa, allowing us the 110 year card?

Next, what is a rough average of the current time folks are waiting on

getting the P-2 for their CR-1 application?

I am looking to use my 2010 tax year, along with 2008 and 2009 for the I-864. If the NVC asks for the I-864 earlier than Jan. 1, 2011...say they ask for it in early Dec. 2010, there shouldn't be a problem with me holding it up until after the first of Jan. 2011 should there?

My income is government issued now (SSDI and VA benefits) so it is set in stone...and soon maybe worth stones. :lol: I can easily file a 1040 just after the first of 2011 and have the 1099's for the interview.

With all the above being said I'm trying to figure a month to send in the I-130/G-325's.

Any ideas from the folks more up on current trends as to a month to file?...September?

tsap seui

Cuzin Tsap I kin answer yore first question.........Yes it is automatic at the POE after the 2 year weeding anniversary but it will only be a 10 year and not a 110 year green card. :lol:

Curses!!! No 110 year green card? :lol:

I knowed you done edumacated me on this once before, but you know my memory ain't any longer than my John Thomas.

Thanks cuzin' for info about havin' more than two years of "weeded" bliss at point of entry will result in an IR 10 year green card. :)

tsap seui

By the way, in Newark while waiting for the Beijing stage coach I meet a Jamaican feller whose name is John Thomas...danged if'n I didn't blow a big black wad of Red Man right through my nose when he said that. :)

If you want to carry your bride across the US borderline on your second anniversary, remember that you have sixth months after the interview to do so. So your interview needs to be in Sept to March.

Now take a look at Kyle's timeline, which I have conveniently and in advance granted myself permission to reproduce HEREhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/kyleinwuhan/sig-1.png

You see, that sucker screwed up and it only took him FIVE MONTHS after he filed in June and got the visa in November and now his wife is coming here in March of this year.

So you just do the same thing he did, only dod it THIS year, and you'll work out fine (I promise). (No don't click him here like it says - I tried that here and it don't work - you'll have to click him somewhere else)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hey Tsap Seui, you know being that you are planning it to be just right,2 years and all....The government will probably screw you over once again,you will get the quickest turn around ever recorded( from filing, to Guz interview ) :lol: ......anyway,wishing you all the luck.My wife recieved CR1 at her interview,then came to USA via NEW YORK after our 2 year anniversary,and recieved the IR1 ,for 10 year green card .

jimi

If you want to carry your bride across the US borderline on your second anniversary, remember that you have sixth months after the interview to do so. So your interview needs to be in Sept to March.

Now take a look at Kyle's timeline, which I have conveniently and in advance granted myself permission to reproduce HEREhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/kyleinwuhan/sig-1.png

You see, that sucker screwed up and it only took him FIVE MONTHS after he filed in June and got the visa in November and now his wife is coming here in March of this year.

So you just do the same thing he did, only dod it THIS year, and you'll work out fine (I promise). (No don't click him here like it says - I tried that here and it don't work - you'll have to click him somewhere else)

Yeah, what a mess that Kyle guy made....5 months start to finish...what in the world was he thinkin'?

Since my dad started chemo it has thrown a monkey wrentch into wether we'll do a DCF or stateside at this point. We're just planning on a stateside application and hoping to DCF. My figgering is if'n we file a stateside app in September that gives 4 months for a P-2. I'll have to start looking at others timelines, 4 months for a P-2 may be optimistic...mebbe July would be better and if we get it early I can just hold off on sending NVC the I-864 until shortly after the first of January.

I really want the interview in Feb or March, the lil' rabbit would be a handful if she were sitting on a visa any earlier, that 10 year card might soon be forgotten :eekout: Plus, if I can work it right I'd like to use part of the 6 months clause so lil' Bubba, Jr. can finish the 9th grade.

tsap seui

Hey Tsap Seui, you know being that you are planning it to be just right,2 years and all....The government will probably screw you over once again,you will get the quickest turn around ever recorded( from filing, to Guz interview ) :eekout: ......anyway,wishing you all the luck.My wife recieved CR1 at her interview,then came to USA via NEW YORK after our 2 year anniversary,and recieved the IR1 ,for 10 year green card .

jimi

I'd forgotten that Jimi, thanks for reminding me about your wife's case.

Yeah, since the USCIS has already approved us twice can you imagine a one month P-2 :P Then me having to wait 4 or 5 months to send in the I-864...what a riot. :P

tsap seui

Yeah, what a mess that Kyle guy made....5 months start to finish...what in the world was he thinkin'?

Since my dad started chemo it has thrown a monkey wrentch into wether we'll do a DCF or stateside at this point. We're just planning on a stateside application and hoping to DCF. My figgering is if'n we file a stateside app in September that gives 4 months for a P-2. I'll have to start looking at others timelines, 4 months for a P-2 may be optimistic...mebbe July would be better and if we get it early I can just hold off on sending NVC the I-864 until shortly after the first of January.

I really want the interview in Feb or March, the lil' rabbit would be a handful if she were sitting on a visa any earlier, that 10 year card might soon be forgotten :eekout: Plus, if I can work it right I'd like to use part of the 6 months clause so lil' Bubba, Jr. can finish the 9th grade.

tsap seui

Typically I-130 processing through USCIS is 4-6 months, Electronic processing through NVC is about 2 months or so, then perhaps 2 months for the consulate. You can extend things a bit by taking your time dealing with NVC.

Note: A 10 year green-card is PERMANENT, as in Lawful Permanent Resident. You just are required to renew it every to years so that Bio-Graphics are kept up to date, at this moment there is no dead-line to renew a 10 year card. Renewal is $370 at the present moment for filing an I-90

Hey tsap seui,

I filed two I-130 petitions (CR-1 & CR-2) through the CSC. The NOA1 receipt date was December 7, 2009 and the NOA2 notice date was February 24, 2010. I'm sure times vary but this gives you an idea of how long the USCIS process is currently running. Good luck to you and the mrs. Jeff

Hey tsap seui,

I filed two I-130 petitions (CR-1 & CR-2) through the CSC. The NOA1 receipt date was December 7, 2009 and the NOA2 notice date was February 24, 2010. I'm sure times vary but this gives you an idea of how long the USCIS process is currently running. Good luck to you and the mrs. Jeff

Thanks for your timeline of the P-2's Jeff, I appreciate it. I'll also be filing two I-130's, probably in July, but with the Vermont service center.

tsap seui

Okay, next question...

On getting statements from third parties as to their knowledge of our relationship and marriage back in March 2005...

The lil' rabbit, being the money saver that she is, she wants to know if she can have two of her friends write their statements on the same paper, then have them notorized and translated, together. She say it will save on the cost of the translation and notorization if they can do it together on the same paper. She says the cost, in our city, of one notorization and translation is 300-320rmb...so...she wants to save money.

I am okay with the cost of doing them separately...but...this is the woman who cooks my food, holds my head in her lap and sings to me in her beautiful high voice, sleeps with me, rotates on her terlet seat over me, cares for me, and who guides me in this Chinese wilderness (to me since I understand nothing here) like a child...so here is the question I must ask. :)

Can the two statements, made on one paper be acceptable, ya think, to the DOS and USCIS?

In turn I will have 6 or 8 such statements from my family and friends.

We got all the necesary forms (that I didn't already have with me) yesterday and today will get lil' rabbit and lil' bubba, Jr.'s "signatures" and current info on them. We've gotten 60 some photos ready to send in (marriage bureau photos, and a few photos, each, from 6 trips, might even have a 7th trip before the filing), and I have a shitload of the usual evidence and front loaded evidence sitting in America waiting to be mailed on July 1st of this year...on that date we will have been together 3 years and 10 months...that's a shitload of records and evidence of a "bonafide" relationship. ;)

It's been so nice to not have to have the USCIS and DOS play a part in our lives, now, it's sorta exciting to get ready, once again. :lol: :D

tsap seui

300 dollar RMB's seems incredibly steep. I'm not sure if a simple signed attestation by the translator is enough, but you don't need the "white book" thing as for your b/c and police certification.

But, I would say that combining them on one page is NOT a good idea - you DEFINITELY want the separate pages here. Just my advice