letters of support at the interview?

Should I or the Co-Sponsor type up a letter of support or is the I-134 with supporting docs enough? Should I type up a letter explaining everything when my SO hands everything in, just in case they overlook something or don't understand. I'm just a little worried based on some of ACFL members recent experiences.

Should I bring W2s? Is there anything else (financial docs) I should bring that's not listed on the instructions. I'm hoping to get Pink the first time around.

Sorry for so many topics in a row, i'm getting a little nervous and don't want to forget anything.

My wife's joint sponsor did type up a letter outlining his financial situation and willingness to help us. That was one of the things the consulate worker (before Jingjing's interview) did take and did not return to her. Rather as I mentioned in another one of your threads, they added it to Jingjing's file.

Should I type up a letter explaining everything when my SO hands everything in, just in case they overlook something or don't understand.

If you're referring to an EOR letter, then yes, I would do that. I had mine notarized as well (I don't feel that notarizing it is necessarily required based on our experience).

If you're talking about an outline sheet of documents that she has with her, then no, I wouldn't worry about that. I also made one of those - the VO, based on my wife's account, didn't seem impressed.

If they don't understand something then they'll ask your wife. Make sure she understands everything that she's turning it. Go over everything with her and after you're done, go over everything with her again

We brought W-2's with us (took in copies of our returns - we didn't opt for the transcripts). We also brought financial investment records, joint banking account statements, credit card statements (Chinese and US).

Good luck.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)