Choice of Agent - DS3032

We are getting ready to opt in for electronic processing. When I fill out the Choice of Agent form I can have everything mailed to us, right? My in-laws are old and from a different time period. We plan to handle most everything we can for them. They already have all of their documents scanned in because we have been preparing them.

Is there any reason to list their address instead of ours?

Also, we send the email to opt-in with the DS-3032. Then, they send us an email with further instructions. Is this correct? I'm still working on figuring out the steps for this new process. :blink: Sorry for so many questions.

As always, thanks everyone!!!

Edited by Katrina (see edit history)

Pinned at the top of this forum is a thread about electronic processing, DS3032 is attached to the OPTIN email.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

To do DS3032, print fill out and scan the form to PDF and attach to OPTIN Email.

Thanks dnoblett!

Regarding the following section, do I need to send the I-864 attached int he "opt-in" email? Will they send another email later asking me for all of the other documents?

All other documents need to be scanned to PDF and emailed to NVC using this email address: NVCGuangzhou@state.gov

Document list:

Sent first:

I-864 + Financial records (IRS transcripts or copies of returns, employer letter, copies of pay stubs)

Sent later:

DS-230

Birth Certificate

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Petitioner Documents

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Police Certificate(s)

Custody Documentation

Also, do I go ahead and pay the $70 fee now? Or do I send the opt-in email and wait for something from NVC? I'm so sorry. I'm confused and feel like the government's website isn't helping.

I beleive you first wait for letter indicating GUZ number, at which point you file to OPTIN and they will change it to a GZO number, they should then send you request for I-864 and $70 fee. And then later will request documents and visa fees.

You say inlaws you mean two visas? If so double everything Two I-864 and fees.

Yeah. We're aware of that. :blink: Thanks for reminding me. We have so much going on, and I feel like everything is happening all at once. We also just found out that I'm pregnant. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and unable to focus on this like I need to be doing. I appreciate all the answers to my questions so much! Thank you!