Calling USCIS

To go one step further Dan, many offices are actually closed until the 15th of the new lunar new year - the lantern festival. (roughly two weeks)

not likely in the usa

Talking about China, in that country when the observe a Holiday, they close for a week. Here in the USA we expect 24/7 service and "True Blue" was irritated because someone is not covering the Phones at USCIS because the US Government observes President's Day and took a long weekend.

The inability for anyone to easily TALK TO A HUMAN BEING at the Department of Homeland Security regarding their case is both an embarrassent to this country and IMO symbolic of the decline of Western Civilization during our lifetime.

In fairness to True Blue I don't think he meant it regarding the holiday. I think his statement was meant in a general way. If you look at GIS comments even once he reached someone most of his questions were "blown off".

This was my experience with USCIS also when my case was in never never land for 3 months between NOA-2 and NVC. Once I finally reached an IO to discuss my case with, after trying for over a month, they told me my case was lost and I should resubmit. As I was preparing the documents I next got the mail from NVC telling me they received my case with the case number on it. :)

I agree you get the same runaround in China but usually, after a lot of discussion and waiting around, you can get in contact with the person needed to resolve the issue. In USCIS or other govt offices in the USA I do not think this is true.

I received the letter from USCIS today. It was the biometrics appt. Unfortunately, the biometrics was scheduled for today at 11:00 am. I didn't get this letter until 12:30 today.

There are instructions on how to re-schedule the appointment...but I'm concerned that its too late now...

on the letter it states that failure to appear results in them considering the application is abandoned.

What should I do...reschedule with the ASC or make an Infopass?

I received the letter from USCIS today. It was the biometrics appt. Unfortunately, the biometrics was scheduled for today at 11:00 am. I didn't get this letter until 12:30 today.

There are instructions on how to re-schedule the appointment...but I'm concerned that its too late now...

on the letter it states that failure to appear results in them considering the application is abandoned.

What should I do...reschedule with the ASC or make an Infopass?

Visit the ASC ASAP perhaps tomorrow, most will take walk-ins.

Also call them, and explain the situation.

Just got back from the ASC...

After I got the letter at about 12:30 I called the 1-800 USCIS number...it was useless...those people suck and are unhelpful.

So I just decided to try to make it to the ASC before it closed at 4...I had about 3 hours to get there and a 2.5 hour drive. I had to go to Michigan City, IN. I'm not sure why...I know a guy that lives close to me, his wife got to do her bio at Naperville, IL...which is half as close to me as MC, IN.

Anyway, I guess I'm fortunate that I knew the back roads way well as I traveled it often to and from college in Michigan.

OK, so anyway, the Bio. We got there about 3:15, and the security guard and another employee gave my wife and I a hard time about why were were late. I did well to explain all the BS we went through to get there in a calm manner. There was nobody else there, so when USCIS got down to business, it only took about 5 minutes and my wife and I were on our way home again. It was a much slower, less tense car ride home.

But what really stilll chaps my ass is the address on the re-sent bio notice is the same as it was on the NOA1. There was no excuse for it not to be delivered. But oh well, I can't change the past, everything worked out ok so no sense to dwell on it.

Edited by GIS (see edit history)

Just got back from the ASC...

After I got the letter at about 12:30 I called the 1-800 USCIS number...it was useless...those people suck and are unhelpful.

So I just decided to try to make it to the ASC before it closed at 4...I had about 3 hours to get there and a 2.5 hour drive. I had to go to Michigan City, IN. I'm not sure why...I know a guy that lives close to me, his wife got to do her bio at Naperville, IL...which is half as close to me as MC, IN.

Anyway, I guess I'm fortunate that I knew the back roads way well as I traveled it often to and from college in Michigan.

OK, so anyway, the Bio. We got there about 3:15, and the security guard and another employee gave my wife and I a hard time about why were were late. I did well to explain all the BS we went through to get there in a calm manner. There was nobody else there, so when USCIS got down to business, it only took about 5 minutes and my wife and I were on our way home again. It was a much slower, less tense car ride home.

But what really stilll chaps my ass is the address on the re-sent bio notice is the same as it was on the NOA1. There was no excuse for it not to be delivered. But oh well, I can't change the past, everything worked out ok so no sense to dwell on it.

I am glad to see that you missed the bullet on this one. Lets hope for smooth sailing, and if K-1 an approval without interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an update from USCIS...

They transfered our case to CSC...So I'm hoping for apprival w/o interview.

Interestingly enough, last week we received another NOA1 for the I-485 with a letter explaining it was re-sent since the first NOA 1 was returned as "undeliverable". But we actually GOT the original NOA 1.

all i can say is wow...just wow