when my fiance said ' I love you' to me ... I would say ' me too!' lol :D

When he called me while there were other people around, he said "I love you", I would just say "me too". I'd say "I love you" too if no one was around.

Do you suppose that could be true of most Chinese? Its such a small thing,

but its all we have since having been apart so long. I Love My Lynn very much, I just cant read her like I would like to. Is this common?

when my fiance said ' I love you' to me ... I would say ' me too!' lol :D

When he called me while there were other people around, he said "I love you", I would just say "me too". I'd say "I love you" too if no one was around.

Do you suppose that could be true of most Chinese? Its such a small thing,

but its all we have since having been apart so long. I Love My Lynn very much, I just cant read her like I would like to. Is this common?

Same here. I can't read her mind. She doesn't show emotions. However, I think it depends on the girl. :D

Showing emotions in public and showing emotions in private are two different issues. Being modest around family or strangers is not necessarily a good indicator of passion in private. Some of us could get into deep trouble if we say more about past and present relationships, so 'nuff said. As a generalization around the world, Americans are seen as very open and honest -- to the point that many of my foreign-born friends actually find to be obnoxious. So while we might see someone as difficult to read with regard to emotions, we might be seen by that same person as shouting our feelings with a stuck caps-lock key.

Guest bbridges51

In regards to public/private affection and culture. If I understand SuJuan correctly, the "old" SuJuan (and perhaps many Chinese women) would appreciate public affection of holding hands, saying "wo ai ni", and kissing, but their cultural upbringing halts them. It's the "box" they were raised in and stepping into a new box takes time, patience, and encouragement. It's also part of beginning to step into their new culture.

I guess I"m pretty lucky because SuJuan was quite aware that she wanted more from a relationship and was ready to move into the new box, as long as i was there to open the door and make her feel secure. I'm quite lucky that during my two trips we always held hands in public and that she's feeling more and more comfortable with the "L" word in public.

It takes time and encouragement.

Brian

I have a good question that I have never seen asked or answered on these boards. I saw quite a few men and young men holding hands. I have unofficially been told 2 explanations but I did not see the older people, to find this gesture of two men holding hands, repugnant.  :D >Jim

When I was in Guangzhou,I saw this to be very common with girls and boys. Our western ways of thinking say they must be gay. But unmarried individuals often walk hand in hand with no more thought than brothers and sisters. It is considered more acceptable that the the boy and girl walking like that. My Lynn is described as traditional,and she was carefull to

behave carefully in public. She figured the PSB would give us trouble. Our private life was basicly western. She said that when she was in the states

she would be happy to be casual in public but not in China.

Everbody Loves Pics. Here We Are

http://www.geocities.com/ling_qin_bolin/ou...l?1040610774240

Chill Dude

Joseph,

Nice pictures but took forever to download. Put them on the visadelay site. :D :D >Jim

Who is Dude? Is he on this board? :lol: :lol: >Jim

Thats My Waynes Word Personna.

Ill Mirror on Tripod later this week. The pics are high quality. I forget sometimes that having broadband I have no delay. I will probably either resize or seperate into three pages.

<chuckles> You almost seem like a twin to me Joseph-1! :D I met my beloved the first time on November 1st of 2001 and I also went over during the new years celebration and stayed until the 14th. I also live in a small town just 10 miles south of Michigan. My wife also resides in GZ. How many people here have loved ones in GZ anyway? I know it's a big city, but Jeepers! :P

Phil

<chuckles> You almost seem like a twin to me Joseph-1! :) I met my beloved the first time on November 1st of 2001 and I also went over during the new years celebration and stayed until the 14th. I also live in a small town just 10 miles south of Michigan. My wife also resides in GZ. How many people here have loved ones in GZ anyway? I know it's a big city, but Jeepers! :)

Phil

Lynn is originally from Yangshou. When we met she was working in Guangzhou. She returnrd to her hometown until she gets her visa.

Here we have many twins,and our stories are ones of hope and faith.

We see what can be even when what is ,seems close to chaos.