Bad weather may cause surge in China rail traffic

Guest Tony n Terrific

If the weather is bad, it could be a disaster like last year. Remember that? Workers trying to return home were stranded in the train stations for many days. It was a bad scene.

But, after looking at the weather report for Beijing, it looks like the weather will not be a problem. No snow in the forecast through Sunday. :lol:

If the weather is bad, it could be a disaster like last year. Remember that? Workers trying to return home were stranded in the train stations for many days. It was a bad scene.

But, after looking at the weather report for Beijing, it looks like the weather will not be a problem. No snow in the forecast through Sunday. :lol:

Yea will that goes to show what a weather forecast can do for you ... it is snowing in here in Qingdao as I type. The whole northeast of China is in a snow blizzard right now..

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-02...ent_9459160.htm

Edited by a2784 (see edit history)

"..the whole northeast of China is in a snow blizzard right now...."

sometimes I think US and China are geologically, at least, bookends of a sort..

Beijing China's capitol in blizzard --- Same with DC.. Friend in DC just came up for air ---- had been without electricity--- last Friday though yesterday afternoon.. used up all his firewood ---now, he's in round two..

Good thing China has trains..... not perfect, but better than cars in snow---particularly when carrying 200+ million people :D

Any place where they get regular snow laughs at the reaction of DC and the east coast to the storms they have had. We have had lots of winter snow in the California mountains. Everybody just dug out and went to work. The Snowploughs put in some extra hours, and life went on. Can you believe that our US government, the grandest in the world, shut down for three days because of some snow? Ridiculous!

Edited by Stepbrow (see edit history)

My wife is in NE China, not much snow at all on the ground and none forecast through the weekend.

Having lived almost 40 years of my life in the DC area and having run a business there almost 20 years, I can tell you, they get all the main roads dug out easily enough. The problem is the neighborhoods...there are so many of them, all packed in like seperate rats in a cage. We would see times that my trucks could get to a customer's neighborhood, but couldn't get into the neighborhood.

That's what closes down the government in snow storms. The workers can't get out of their neighborhoods...and there are so many thousands upon thousands of neighborhoods.

I've noticed for years now that my wife's location and even Beijing's location are very similar in temperature, year round, with my location in Pa. What their clouds and weather fronts and what our clouds and weather fronts do to us is TWO different things. :)

tsap seui