Naked (or at least Half-Naked) Marriage

Amusing article, Alan, but the flip side of nude weddings, for cross-cultural marriage is---how many Candle members have had double coverage marriages? :lol:

That is, they marry in China, with the traditional Chinese wedding garb, then in the US in White and the stroll down the isle.

Or---as is becoming more popular in China, two ceremonies ~! ...one Chinese traditional, one Western ----- and THEN! ... one more Western when the lovely couple gets to the US ~! (we know one of these, but alas, only got to attend the Wedding in the US, not the other two...)

Amusing article, Alan, but the flip side of nude weddings, for cross-cultural marriage is---how many Candle members have had double coverage marriages? :D

That is, they marry in China, with the traditional Chinese wedding garb, then in the US in White and the stroll down the isle.

Or---as is becoming more popular in China, two ceremonies ~! ...one Chinese traditional, one Western ----- and THEN! ... one more Western when the lovely couple gets to the US ~! (we know one of these, but alas, only got to attend the Wedding in the US, not the other two...)

Well I can only speak for ourselves --> we went with the half nude marriage. She suggested that the other one should pick which half should be nude during the ceremony. She told me to have my top half nude. When I asked her why she said she did not want to lose face in front of her girlfriends .... :lol: :lol: :unsure:

Totally naked marriage here. We went to the marrying office in China and got our little red book. That was it! My wife cares nothing about jewelry so no ring was ever given. I have a cool ring though. I had a ring of platinum silver made with her Chinese name on it! Again,,, another difference in cultures. That all happend over seven years ago now and we are happy.

Totally naked marriage here. We went to the marrying office in China and got our little red book. That was it! My wife cares nothing about jewelry so no ring was ever given. I have a cool ring though. I had a ring of platinum silver made with her Chinese name on it! Again,,, another difference in cultures. That all happend over seven years ago now and we are happy.

We brought rings but very simple pure gold matching "bands". My wife does not concern herself with face but would rather use the money to enjoy life.

Edited by a2784 (see edit history)

My wife wanted a naked wedding, but I ask that we get rings.

If I had to be away from her for a year after we were married, I wanted at least a ring to wear.

We did not buy expensive rings, only about $100 US for each ring, but at least we were not naked :lol:

Then, while my flight was 30,000 feet above the water, she signed for us to buy a new apartment!

After arriving in America 1 year later, we bought her a car within 2 months.

Now, I guess we are fully clothed .....

Isn't that the typical way?

Before marriage, naked and wild.

After marriage, fully clothed and settled down.

??

Here's a cool site if you wanna ring made. This is where I got mine made right after we got married. My wife isn't interested in any rings or jewelry but I had to have one. The guy did a really good job with it, I was very pleased.

I remember looking for a website that could make a ring and I knew exactly what I wanted. It was all in my head. I searched a long time trying to find a site when I finally came across this one. That was over seven years ago and I've been wearing it ever since. I never take it off, (it's probably stuck!) :lol:

So, if you want a ring or have one in mind that you like to have I suggest checking this site out. I highly recommend it.

http://5xj.com/chinese.html