Tomorrow is Groundhog day

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

Tomorrow February 2 is Groundhog day here in the US and Canada. Ledgend has it that if the sun is shinning and the groundhog sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of bad winter weather.

Punxsutawney Phil is the world's smallest and furriest weather forecaster and February 2 is his day.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

Tomorrow February 2 is Groundgog day here in the US and Canada. Ledgend has it that if the sun is shinning and the groundhog sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of bad winter weather.

Punxsutawney Phil is the world's smallest and furriest weather forecaster and February 2 is his day.

Hey Tony: Not sure about your weather down south of me.

But up here in the north were going to have sunny skys.

On a side note:

I really never figured our this ground hog thing.

If he sees his shadow we will have 6 weeks of bad weather.

Now it he does NOT SEE his shadow that should mean we have 6 weeks of winter left, RIGHT?

It all seems the same to me?

Ah! What the hell, Cold is Snow and Snow is Cold Right. :lol:

When I was a kid and we were going on vacation, me and mom and dad and my 3 brothers and 3 sisters in our new 1974 Ford LTD station wagon and this groundhog walked out in front of us and stood up and did not listen to the car horn and we ran over him. All of us kids were kind of upset about it, but it did not seem to alter the summertime weather.

When I was a kid and we were going on vacation, me and mom and dad and my 3 brothers and 3 sisters in our new 1974 Ford LTD station wagon and this groundhog walked out in front of us and stood up and did not listen to the car horn and we ran over him. All of us kids were kind of upset about it, but it did not seem to alter the summertime weather.

I just love that quick "bumph-bumph" sound that makes and then looking back in the rear-view mirror! :partytime2:

THIS JUST IN!!!.....Shortly after seeing his shadow this morning Puxatawny Phil breathed his last furry varmit breath as an irate on-looker rushed (Lee Harvey Oswald style) his sorry flea bag ass and drilled him with two caps from a .45 cal. pistola.

Good riddance to a lying road side rodent. May you ROT in peace. You should have been roadkill a long time ago!!

tsap seui