Renewing my tourist visa to China

My visa inside my US Passport to visit China expires on February 10, so it needs to be renewed. I'm wondering if the recent US-China tension over this Taiwan arms deal could result in some additional side-effects such as denying tourist visas, etc.

What's the consensus on whether it would be better to wait for a few weeks for things to cool down, befor re-applying? There is no pressing and urgent need to renew the visa immediately, but I want to have it ready to go for when I attend her interview (we're still waiting for NOA2, hopefully anyday here).

Thanks!

You are not realy "Renewing" it but rather you are simply applying for another visa.

As for the tension with Taiwan, I don't think this will be a factor.

Only issue in recent memory that affected visa issuance was the 2008 Olympics.

My visa inside my US Passport to visit China expires on February 10, so it needs to be renewed. I'm wondering if the recent US-China tension over this Taiwan arms deal could result in some additional side-effects such as denying tourist visas, etc.

What's the consensus on whether it would be better to wait for a few weeks for things to cool down, befor re-applying? There is no pressing and urgent need to renew the visa immediately, but I want to have it ready to go for when I attend her interview (we're still waiting for NOA2, hopefully anyday here).

Thanks!

Nawh! I don't think there'll be a problem. Hey, your name's not Raytheon, Boeing and you ain't General Dynamics are you? Ja, ja, ja... :lol:

Thanks!

Bombs aren't droppin', bullets aren't flyin'...and the Ma-Ma-Marines aren't gettin' ready to deploy...you should be fine. :lol:

My visa is being processed as we speak, I should have it back in four days. I'm leavin' the arms seller country and headin' over February 26th. I'll let ya know of any troubles with my new visa.

Hopefully I'll get my visa and passport back, without any photos of Chairman Mao in a letter tellin' me...YOU DIE YANKEE DAWG!!

We'll all be okay, no matter how hard our government tries to throw a monkey wrench into the works. :D

tsap seui

Moe, Larry, and Curly for Prez, Vice Prez, and Secretary of State