Medication Question

I will be arriving in GZ on May 6th. I am a diabetic and will have to take my medication along with me when I travel. May medication includes insulin, syringes, metformin, acarbos, glipizide plus blood pressure medication and finally medication for cholesterol. I have a printout from the VA which lists all my medication which I can take along. I don't want to take all the bottles as this will take up too much room. I have a travel case which I can use to take the medication which I will need during my trip. Should I be prepared to present any special documents when I enter China?

No, you shouldn't need anything. You might want to take a copy of your prescription if the medication does not have a prescription label with your name on it.

The simple fact is that entering China is usually the least scrutinized customs checkpoint on the planet. If you have nothing to declare, you just sail on through an entry point that is unmanned most of the time.

Do make sure you have your medication in your carry-on bag. If you are chosen to have your bags scanned, and they ask about the medication, just show them your prescription.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan. I will be arriving in HK and will take a train to GZ.

No, you shouldn't need anything. You might want to take a copy of your prescription if the medication does not have a prescription label with your name on it.

The simple fact is that entering China is usually the least scrutinized customs checkpoint on the planet. If you have nothing to declare, you just sail on through an entry point that is unmanned most of the time.

Do make sure you have your medication in your carry-on bag. If you are chosen to have your bags scanned, and they ask about the medication, just show them your prescription.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan. I will be arriving in HK and will take a train to GZ.

I took the train from HK to GUZ last year.

Dont remember seeing a customs check point there; just police dogs sniffing luggage.

Yeah, I did the train thing from Hong Kong about 2 1/2 years ago and don't recall having to go through customs, but you never now with these things. Thanks!

Tony

I took the train from HK to GUZ last year.

Dont remember seeing a customs check point there; just police dogs sniffing luggage.