Timeline after NOA2

Hello, it's been a long time.. Just received NOA2 (Hurray) for I-130 and I-129f. How long do I have to wait until the case gets sent to GUZ? Will I be notified in anyway and can I check on the process?

One other thing, has there been any changes or updates to the I-134 form.. I will be using this thread for reference:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=39229&hl=

Is there anything else i may have forgotten or need to know that might help my case? I will be leaving for Beijing right before the China New Year.

Since you got both approved on same day look serioulsly into processing the I-130 through NVC, using electronic processing more than likely you can get interviewed for CR-1 Before K-3.

CR-1 is $470 to process through NVC, K-3 costs $131 for visa and $1010 to adjust status.

Start here abut electronic processing.

Can take 3-4 months to get from NOA2 on a K-3 to the consulate.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Since you got both approved on same day look serioulsly into processing the I-130 through NVC, using electronic processing more than likely you can get interviewed for CR-1 Before K-3.

CR-1 is $470 to process through NVC, K-3 costs $131 for visa and $1010 to adjust status.

What do i need to do? If I stick with the K3 process, is the case sent through the NVC without me doing anything? Should I call NVC 603-334-0700 to see if they received the approval and when it will be forwarded to GUZ. According to the Flowchart it's about 2 weeks in the NVC. Maybe i'm the "Last of the Mohicans" of the K3.

What do i need to do? If I stick with the K3 process, is the case sent through the NVC without me doing anything? Should I call NVC 603-334-0700 to see if they received the approval and when it will be forwarded to GUZ. According to the Flowchart it's about 2 weeks in the NVC. Maybe i'm the "Last of the Mohicans" of the K3.

USCIS will send both I-129F and I-130 on to NVC, It takes at least 2 weeks after NOA2 for NVC to receive the petitions, thne it takes them 2-4 weeks to process the I-129F(K-3) and send it on to the consulate, which then takes up to 3 months to be received by the consulate.

During this time, you will get a letter from NVC requesting an I-864 and $70 fee for handling this form You can send these things via email if you optin to electronic processing, and pay the fees online to NVC. Your Wife can fill out a DS-3032 (Designating you as Agent) You will then be requested to email documents like DS-230 police report, marriage cert, ETC.

Note everything you send them needs to be PDF format, this is not too hard to do you can use a normal scanner to jpg, or bitmap, and then paste these pictures into a word doc, you can download a PDF tool from MS for office 2007, that will save word docs to PDF format. Some scanners will scan directly to PDF format. (This may be done at the local Fed-EX or UPS store)

I have a rough outline of whats involved here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

USCIS will send both I-129F and I-130 on to NVC, It takes at least 2 weeks after NOA2 for NVC to receive the petitions, thne it takes them 2-4 weeks to process the I-129F(K-3) and send it on to the consulate, which then takes up to 3 months to be received by the consulate.

During this time, you will get a letter from NVC requesting an I-864 and $70 fee for handling this form You can send these things via email if you optin to electronic processing, and pay the fees online to NVC. Your Wife can fill out a DS-3032 (Designating you as Agent) You will then be requested to email documents like DS-230 police report, marriage cert, ETC.

Note everything you send them needs to be PDF format, this is not too hard to do you can use a normal scanner to jpg, or bitmap, and then paste these pictures into a word doc, you can download a PDF tool from MS for office 2007, that will save word docs to PDF format. Some scanners will scan directly to PDF format. (This may be done at the local Fed-EX or UPS store)

I have a rough outline of whats involved here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

Can I not opt for the E process? When I started this i don't remember the I-864 form.. I no longer need to fill out the I-134..

Can I not opt for the E process? When I started this i don't remember the I-864 form.. I no longer need to fill out the I-134..

Not opting in for electronic processing will get the CR-1 case file sent to China by the slow 3 month method after NVC compleates processing of the I-130.

I-864 uses same financial evidence as you will use with I-134, simply make copies of this evidence to be included with both forms. I-134 is used at the consulate for K-Visas, I-864 is used for Immigrants, and it sponsors the green-card. I-864 is sent or emailed to NVC for CR-1, and in the case of K-Visa it will later be sent to USCIS when adjusting status from NON-Immigrant to Immigrant.

Not opting in for electronic processing will get the CR-1 case file sent to China by the slow 3 month method after NVC compleates processing of the I-130.

I-864 uses same financial evidence as you will use with I-134, simply make copies of this evidence to be included with both forms. I-134 is used at the consulate for K-Visas, I-864 is used for Immigrants, and it sponsors the green-card. I-864 is sent or emailed to NVC for CR-1, and in the case of K-Visa it will later be sent to USCIS when adjusting status from NON-Immigrant to Immigrant.

Sorry this may sound redundant, but I will only be going for K3 (no change).. My original understanding was after I received the NOA2 I-130 and I129F is that then the case gets forwarded to GUZ, wife receives P3, sends P3, Receives P4 with interview date set and then interview takes place.. The only other doc I need to provide is the I-134 which will be presented at the interview.. I'm I missing something for the K3 visa. I will worry about AOS later when she arrives in the US

Sorry this may sound redundant, but I will only be going for K3 (no change).. My original understanding was after I received the NOA2 I-130 and I129F is that then the case gets forwarded to GUZ, wife receives P3, sends P3, Receives P4 with interview date set and then interview takes place.. The only other doc I need to provide is the I-134 which will be presented at the interview.. I'm I missing something for the K3 visa. I will worry about AOS later when she arrives in the US

Ok then, just pointing out you do have an option at this point, keep the I-130 moving through NVC for the CR-1 or stick to the K-3. The CR-1 will save you some dough and extra headaches that the K-3 has to deal with later.

CR-1 gets green-card the moment they enter the USA allowing things like getting SSN, and taking a job, K-3 needs to wait months to get EAD or Green card. I have also noticed that all K-3's get interviewed for adjustment of status.

Why are you not wanting to go the CR-1 route? I think it'll save you some cash and your wife can work immediately after she gets to the States.

Edit:

Opps, sorry, Dan already mentioned it. After reading what I just wrote, I hope you don't interpret it as critical, because it isn't intended that way. I'm simply wanting to learn more about each process and I'm curious if there is an advantage that I'm not thinking of. In the end, you're da man - you guys should do what best suits you.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Why are you not wanting to go the CR-1 route? I think it'll save you some cash and your wife can work immediately after she gets to the States.

Edit:

Opps, sorry, Dan already mentioned it. After reading what I just wrote, I hope you don't interpret it as critical, because it isn't intended that way. I'm simply wanting to learn more about each process and I'm curious if there is an advantage that I'm not thinking of. In the end, you're da man - you guys should do what best suits you.

Is alright i didn't take it that way.. Sometimes there are personal reasons for doing something differently even if there is another way that makes more sense.. I understand why someone would choose the CR-1 route over the K3 and I would recommend to anyone like you have done with me. It may be hard to understand why someone would choose the K3 route with a much easier and faster way to get things done, but it makes sense for us in our situation.

If someone understands the old way of doing things (K3) i would be very grateful for any helpful advice to my questions. I am here as well to answer and help anyone along with the processes or anything else. We are here to support and help each other no matter what way we choose.