SKYPE for I phone problem with new version 1.3

There is now a new issue using the contact list for making telephone calls to China. I will explain it in a nutshell.

Old version (version 1.2)- set up China contacts with phone number including 86 country code. Set up US contacts with US area code.

Make call by selecting a contact. If you select a China contact, call would go through as noted in the phone number with Country code. If you select a US contact (determined by area code) SKYPE would automatically insert a +1 before the call and call would go through.

New version (version 1.3)- set up China contacts with phone number including 86 country code. Set up US contacts with US area code.

Make call by selecting a contact. If you select a China contact, call will NO LONGER GO THROUGH based on the phone number with Country code as a +1 is now AUTOMATICALLY INSERTED before the calling number. If you select a US contact (determined by area code) SKYPE would automatically insert a +1 before the call and call will go through as before :)

Has anyone found a way to fix this? It is a pain to hand dial Chinese phone numbers.

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

Happy to say SKYPE got back to me. There is a simple fix and it works like a charm

For contacts in China (or another country) edit the phone number to put a + sign before the number (e.g. +861234567890)

For US contacts leave as area code and phone number (e.g. (212)555-1212

Problem solved!