US Faces Extended Power Outages, Largest Grid Builder Says

lostinblue

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aDEseYkg2RN8

The U.S. faces longer power outages resulting from storms this year after utilities cut spending on maintenance by as much as 50%, according to Quanta Services Inc., the world¡¯s largest builder of transmission lines.

¡°Because they haven¡¯t been doing maintenance for a few years, we will see longer outages and we will see more frequent outages as storm season approaches,¡± Chief Executive Officer John R. Colson said yesterday in an interview in Bloomberg¡¯s Houston office. ¡°It¡¯s a frequent, very frequent occurrence that cities are affected by storms that shouldn¡¯t really affect their distribution systems, and they are devastated and they are out of electricity for days and days.¡±

More.......

You people have a generator bought yet? This sounds like it is something to worry about.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aDEseYkg2RN8

The U.S. faces longer power outages resulting from storms this year after utilities cut spending on maintenance by as much as 50%, according to Quanta Services Inc., the world¡¯s largest builder of transmission lines.

¡°Because they haven¡¯t been doing maintenance for a few years, we will see longer outages and we will see more frequent outages as storm season approaches,¡± Chief Executive Officer John R. Colson said yesterday in an interview in Bloomberg¡¯s Houston office. ¡°It¡¯s a frequent, very frequent occurrence that cities are affected by storms that shouldn¡¯t really affect their distribution systems, and they are devastated and they are out of electricity for days and days.¡±

More.......

You people have a generator bought yet? This sounds like it is something to worry about.

Here in Ohio a few years ago i would agree with this.

But I'm sure everyone remembers that big outage a few years back that knocked out the whole east side of the U.S,?

That happen just down the road from my house.

Some stupid squirrel chewed some power lines and got zaped and the rest is history.

Now every year the state hires a company to trim all the trees from the power lines.

Well, Trim is a small word. I should say they wack the tops off all the trees around the lines.

What in tarnation wuud we need a generator for? :huh: Food? Me and Jane jes go out in the woods and bring home a 3 course meal, thank you. Heat? Got a wood stove so who need lectricity. Hot water? That's what the wood stove is fer. It ain't to keep our buns warm as we do that ourselves, thank you. :wub:

I'll never understand you city folk. :unsure:

What in tarnation wuud we need a generator for? :) Food? Me and Jane jes go out in the woods and bring home a 3 course meal, thank you. Heat? Got a wood stove so who need lectricity. Hot water? That's what the wood stove is fer. It ain't to keep our buns warm as we do that ourselves, thank you. :huh:

You done said it all, bubba. :wub:

When I married my ex she told me, You will never go hungry with me. It don't matter if them yuppies in the citys are starvin', as long as a car can run over a deer or I can pull the trigger on a rifle, I know how to get food.

tsap seui

What in tarnation wuud we need a generator for? :huh: Food? Me and Jane jes go out in the woods and bring home a 3 course meal, thank you. Heat? Got a wood stove so who need lectricity. Hot water? That's what the wood stove is fer. It ain't to keep our buns warm as we do that ourselves, thank you. :)

You done said it all, bubba. :huh:

When I married my ex she told me, You will never go hungry with me. It don't matter if them yuppies in the citys are starvin', as long as a car can run over a deer or I can pull the trigger on a rifle, I know how to get food.

tsap seui

Don't ferget the possums cuzin Tsap. They make fer some mitey guud road pizza :wub: .. Ya hears what I am sayin' Robert?

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Don't ferget the possums cuzin Tsap. They make fer some mitey guud road pizza :eatyum: .. Ya hears what I am sayin' Robert?

Oh do I hears ya, cuzin'. Up hear in the woods the most popular eatin' spot, besides Joe's Choke 'N Puke, is called the Road Kill Cafe.

These ol' boyz have a gold mine...why you can git...

Bumper Damaged Cow

Fried Lassie

Rin Tin Tin Ala Road King

Road Crashed Bessie

Baked yard Bird

Flattened Rattler

Squished Fluffy

Squashed Spot

Southern Fried Sail Cat

Run over Porky

Run Down My Friend Flicker

Runned over Bambi, Bambi's momma, and Bambi's daddy

Totaled Yogi The Bear

Fender Dented Smokey the Bear

Windshield Struck Quail

Crunched Old Yeller

18 Wheeler Damaged Bullwinkle the Moose

Tire Track Rocky J. Squirrel

Middle of the Road Skunk

Fed-Ex"ed" Turtle

Brown Truck"ed" Rover

Highway Gator

Well, as you kin see, these ol' boyz have quite a variety of fancy road squashed vituals...I will have to tells them about the Road Pizza Possum.

Yessuh, The Road Kill Cafe

Their motto is....If'n yawl can runned over it, We kin cook it!!

The food is great, but you may need a good dentist...ya gotta beware of the gravel.

tsap seui

Ware does this stuff come frum? Who is makin' it pour outta my head likey this? :P

Don't ferget the possums cuzin Tsap. They make fer some mitey guud road pizza :eatyum: .. Ya hears what I am sayin' Robert?

Oh do I hears ya, cuzin'. Up hear in the woods the most popular eatin' spot, besides Joe's Choke 'N Puke, is called the Road Kill Cafe.

Bumper Damaged Cow

Fried Lassie

Road Crashed Bessie

Baked yard Bird

Flattened Rattler

Squished Fluffy

Squashed Spot

Southern Fried Sail Cat

Run over Porky

Totaled Yogi The Bear

Windshield Struck Quail

Crunched Old Yeller

Middle of the Road Skunk

Fed-Ex"ed" Turtle

Brown Truck"ed" Rover

Highway Gator

Well, as you kin see, these ol' boyz have quite a variety of fancy road squashed vituals...I will have to tells them about the Road Pizza Possum.

The food is great, but you may need a good dentist...ya gotta beware of the gravel.

tsap seui

Ware does this stuff come frum? Who is makin' it pour outta my head likey this? :P

Now cuzzin tsap, at air cafe souns lika mitey fine stablishment fer sum good ol down home eatin', but lemme clue ye in ona real good dish whut we didn useta git rouncheer, but fer sum reezin iz now mower plintyfull....Ima tawkin' bout em air armerdillers....damn Ima here to tell ye at u ain't et mucha nuthin' tills u rap yer tooff roun wun em air possums inna pan.... they cums wif their own bowl...good eatin...

I nose wun ol feller jus piks um up offa road n suks um down raw, rite outta thuh sheyyulll....

Bumper Damaged Cow

Fried Lassie

Road Crashed Bessie

Baked yard Bird

Flattened Rattler

Squished Fluffy

Squashed Spot

Southern Fried Sail Cat

Run over Porky

Totaled Yogi The Bear

Windshield Struck Quail

Crunched Old Yeller

Middle of the Road Skunk

Fed-Ex"ed" Turtle

Brown Truck"ed" Rover

Highway Gator

tsap seui

Now cuzzin tsap, at air cafe souns lika mitey fine stablishment fer sum good ol down home eatin', but lemme clue ye in ona real good dish whut we didn useta git rouncheer, but fer sum reezin iz now mower plintyfull....Ima tawkin' bout em air armerdillers....damn Ima here to tell ye at u ain't et mucha nuthin' tills u rap yer tooff roun wun em air possums inna pan.... they cums wif their own bowl...good eatin...

I nose wun ol feller jus piks um up offa road n suks um down raw, rite outta thuh sheyyulll....

Gawlee cuzin' Mickey, that ol' boy jes picks em up offa the road by the shell and lets the tasty innerds jes slide down his thoat like he was slidin' clams off the half shell? WhooooWeeeee

Armerdillers? Hmmmmm this sounds like sumpin you could export them to me, I could import them from you and I'll sells them tasty "sliders in they own bowl" to the fellers over at the Road Kill Cafe.

We's gonna be rich Bubba!!!! What a wunderful idear!! Now, we jes need us'in sumbody with a pickem-up truck that can actually make the haul. I'm livin' in my rusted out '86 Chebby pickem-up and I don't want none of my dirty underwear 'n such to "taint" the amerdillers, plus Imma 'fraid to try and go over 20 miles one way with it.

tsap seui

Don't ferget the possums cuzin Tsap. They make fer some mitey guud road pizza :) .. Ya hears what I am sayin' Robert?

Bumper Damaged Cow

Fried Lassie

Road Crashed Bessie

Baked yard Bird

Flattened Rattler

Squished Fluffy

Squashed Spot

Southern Fried Sail Cat

Run over Porky

Totaled Yogi The Bear

Windshield Struck Quail

Crunched Old Yeller

Middle of the Road Skunk

Fed-Ex"ed" Turtle

Brown Truck"ed" Rover

Highway Gator

tsap seui

Gawlee cuzin' Mickey, that ol' boy jes picks em up offa the road by the shell and lets the tasty innerds jes slide down his thoat like he was slidin' clams off the half shell? WhooooWeeeee

Armerdillers? Hmmmmm this sounds like sumpin you could export them to me, I could import them from you and I'll sells them tasty "sliders in they own bowl" to the fellers over at the Road Kill Cafe.

We's gonna be rich Bubba!!!! What a wunderful idear!! Now, we jes need us'in sumbody with a pickem-up truck that can actually make the haul. I'm livin' in my rusted out '86 Chebby pickem-up and I don't want none of my dirty underwear 'n such to "taint" the amerdillers, plus Imma 'fraid to try and go over 20 miles one way with it.

tsap seui

My ol Derge van is sup to it Tsap. I like ta use the van that way I can smell that wunderful aromer whilz I'm isa drivin. :ok: