skin rashes

When I moved to Japan, this happend to me. It was not right away, but about 6 months after moving to Japan. Kyoto was even more humid than Hawaii, so we ruled out dryness. I had it on my face, arms, and around my neck. I finally went to the doctor and he told me several things. 1) use bar soap, not gel soap. 2) when you dry after taking a shower, pat your skin dry, not wipe it 3) no baths, shower only 4) he gave me some ointments 5) he told me I could not stress, it only makes it worse 6) he perscribed me Allegra 7) try switching detergent, soaps, makeup, etc.

I am a firm believer that th Allegra is what actually helped me get better. I am not sure if it just so happened that I got better or if it was one of those things that helped. It took about a month for the rash to get better but it finally did.

I would have her do one of those allergy blood tests. My sister did one, and according to the doctor, she has "the highest level of grass allergy that I have ever seen". So you never know. The rash can be caused by stress but it can also be caused by something that she can avoid.

PS....

I am of full Japanese decent, and I cannot use many brands of makeup, Clinique included. I get itchy and a rash almost breaks out. I use shiseido and MAC and don't have problems. I can't use cheap products or I get itchy right away. Because of this, I don't use much make up products...just a Shiseido face wash, and then eyeshadow and sometimes lip gloss, all Shiseido or Mac. If I use any other brand, I will regret it...

Chinese skin may be sensitive as well, especially because many other brands are not developed for Asian skin. Finding a brand that is makes a lot of difference, because I have noticed that Chinese and Japanese products are less heavy.

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)

PS....

I am of full Japanese decent, and I cannot use many brands of makeup, Clinique included. I get itchy and a rash almost breaks out. I use shiseido and MAC and don't have problems. I can't use cheap products or I get itchy right away. Because of this, I don't use much make up products...just a Shiseido face wash, and then eyeshadow and sometimes lip gloss, all Shiseido or Mac. If I use any other brand, I will regret it...

Chinese skin may be sensitive as well, especially because many other brands are not developed for Asian skin. Finding a brand that is makes a lot of difference, because I have noticed that Chinese and Japanese products are less heavy.

Yeah my wife began using clinique products when she came here to USA,my thought is it could be the make up she is using,or even the clothes detergent.we will trial and error switching with different brands but i told her if it continues,we will go to the doctor and see what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...