Serious (I mean for real, anyway) question here:

My wife is about to divorce me, just kidding of course, but she does make me flip the page whenever David's Avatar shows up

av-1491.jpg

I barely have enough time to read his post, before I have to hit 'Page down', or scroll past it.

What's the deal? She says something about "death people", but so far, hasn't elaborated.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is about to divorce me, just kidding of course, but she does make me flip the page whenever David's Avatar shows up

av-1491.jpg

I barely have enough time to read his post, before I have to hit 'Page down', or scroll past it.

What's the deal? She says something about "death people", but so far, hasn't elaborated.

yin & yang, whats the problem ?

"Yin" by itself could mean the "underworld" or "Hades" but "Yin Yang" together is a mixed balance in Daoism.

"Yin" by itself could mean the "underworld" or "Hades" but "Yin Yang" together is a mixed balance in Daoism.

My wife at first glance said it meant heaven and hell and then that the chinese was yin and yang .... see said it really meant nothing but it was unlucky to talk about .... of course anything about death is unlucky to talk about to most chinese

My wife at first glance said it meant heaven and hell and then that the chinese was yin and yang .... see said it really meant nothing but it was unlucky to talk about .... of course anything about death is unlucky to talk about to most chinese

That may be it - one of our neighbors in Houston owned a hearse - I called it a "death car" once - she was PISSED.

I'm surprised, though, that the "death" image would dominate in her view.

She mentioned her mother's will recently - we're cut out in favor of her two brothers, since we're the rich Americans - without even obliquely mentioning death - her mother "would give" her apartment building to her two brothers.

[img=http://candleforlove.com/forums/uploads/av-1491.jpg]

deleted at her request :)

Guest Tony n Terrific

This is what my wife said it means just now.

It is written: yin and yang. The ancient Chinese like this word, Yin is a woman, Yang is a man, yes overcast days, Yang is a way. Yin is inside the park is outside the

My wife told me they use this still today in her medical practice.

We also used Chinese medicine yin and yang to see the doctor, called the yin and yang theory. There are Traditional Chinese Characters.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

That may be it - one of our neighbors in Houston owned a hearse - I called it a "death car" once - she was PISSED.

I'm surprised, though, that the "death" image would dominate in her view.

She mentioned her mother's will recently - we're cut out in favor of her two brothers, since we're the rich Americans - without even obliquely mentioning death - her mother "would give" her apartment building to her two brothers.

Yup, superstition. There was probably some bad connotation associated with those characters in your wife's past.

Regarding superstition, no problem if you are a believer, but if not then, ekk... If your wife or in-laws are of that extreme persuasion, don't be surprised to be inconvenienced with rituals and placement of stuff before you move into your new house or car or job or... Sometimes it works out, or sometimes (like in my case)... nevermind, just give in, you'll live longer and happier. They are just doing it for your well being! ;-)

To all gringos and yanks on CFL, we should watch our lips at around CNY time. Of course, most of you already know that right? :P