Confussing Question

We have filed for a K-3 visa and a CR-1 visa and are now near the end of this journey. :o

My wife must return to China after the POE to finish family and personal business and worries she can not return to America before her K-3 expires.

She is a pitbull :D and will not so easy give up an idea or plausible plan. As I understand she has read (on the 001 site) :unsure: one can be issued a K-3 visa and after adjust status in GUZ. In her words to me "Change the K-3 visa to live America long time from GUZ". :blink:

As for me I do not completely understand her question and I have great concern about how an extended stay in China after her POE might affect AOS. Sorry about the confusing nature of this question.

K-3 is a TWO YEAR multi entry visa, it expires TWO years after it is issued.

It's original intent was so the a spouse can enter the USA and WAIT for I-130 approval, and then do one of two things once I-130 is approved by USCIS either apply to adjust status or pursue the Spousal Immigrant visa and return to home country and interview for spousal visa. The K-3 allows travel while waiting for I-130 approval or adjustment of status.

Note: In most cases USCIS has been approving I-129F AND I-130 on same day, if you keep I-130 moving through NVC in most cases you can get spousal (CR-1) interview scheduled in place of K-3, or interview for CR-1 very shortly after K-3 interview.

NVC and GUZ have started an electronic processing for I-130 (CR-1) which greatly speeds up the CR-1 processing.

Note: In most cases USCIS has been approving I-129F AND I-130 on same day, if you keep I-130 moving through NVC in most cases you can get spousal (CR-1) interview scheduled in place of K-3, or interview for CR-1 very shortly after K-3 interview.

NVC and GUZ have started an electronic processing for I-130 (CR-1) which greatly speeds up the CR-1 processing.

So my wife may be issued a K-3 visa and after also be issued a CR-1?

So my wife may be issued a K-3 visa and after also be issued a CR-1?

Yes, many have kept the I-130 procssing through NVC and in many cases have had the Consulate drop the K-3 all together and get interviewed for CR-1.

Read the electronic processing thread pinned at the top of the visa first steps forum.

More than likely you could get interviewed for CR-1 before even using K-3

We have filed for a K-3 visa and a CR-1 visa and are now near the end of this journey. :o

My wife must return to China after the POE to finish family and personal business and worries she can not return to America before her K-3 expires.

She is a pitbull B) and will not so easy give up an idea or plausible plan. As I understand she has read (on the 001 site) :unsure: one can be issued a K-3 visa and after adjust status in GUZ. In her words to me "Change the K-3 visa to live America long time from GUZ". :blink:

As for me I do not completely understand her question and I have great concern about how an extended stay in China after her POE might affect AOS. Sorry about the confusing nature of this question.

Yes -the CR-1 may be what she refers to as "adjust status in GUZ". The green card will be awarded for a CR-1 visa upon entry to the US.

We have filed for a K-3 visa and a CR-1 visa and are now near the end of this journey. :yay:

She is a pitbull :wub: and will not so easy give up an idea or plausible plan. As I understand she has read (on the 001 site) ;) one can be issued a K-3 visa and after adjust status in GUZ. In her words to me "Change the K-3 visa to live America long time from GUZ". ;)

Yes -the CR-1 may be what she refers to as "adjust status in GUZ". The green card will be awarded for a CR-1 visa upon entry to the US.

And if you have been married for over 2 years, then she can live very long time America from GZ..IR1

The GUZ website has a ton of useful information. You may want to browse through their FAQ. I have found the following link on their website, however, they do not give a "from your interview date, you can cancel time-frame"

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#B14

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Thanks to all that have responded. We have new questions now. If we should need to postpone the interview at GUZ how much notice should we give the consulate?

Simple answer - as much as you can. I believe you can even re-schedule after the fact (but I'd suggest having a good reason)

We are going to do our best to keep the original appointment however we are concerned if we can prepare everything in time for this.

We are Electronic processing (CR-1) and I just noticed we never got any of these forms. Do we need them or are they provided at the hospital?

OF-171

DS-2054

DS-3030

DS-3025

DS-3026

Also we never got.

GIV-230

GIV-24

What we did get via E-mail was an appointment letter with barcode and instuctions to bring original documents and a link

"www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov" I can't find the above forms from this link and not even sure we need them.

Also under documents they have asked for..

...........Document NameDocument................................Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS...................................C

C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

Edited by whatsthedeal (see edit history)

We are going to do our best to keep the original appointment however we are concerned if we can prepare everything in time for this.

We are Electronic processing (CR-1) and I just noticed we never got any of these forms. Do we need them or are they provided at the hospital?

OF-171

DS-2054

DS-3030

DS-3025

DS-3026

Also we never got.

GIV-230

GIV-24

What we did get via E-mail was an appointment letter with barcode and instuctions to bring original documents and a link

"www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov" I can't find the above forms from this link and not even sure we need them.

Also under documents they have asked for..

Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C

C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

These forms should be in "Packet 4" from the consulate, you can download them from the consulate website.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...nd_packets.htmm