Google vs Baidu

Guest Tony n Terrific

I use both :D

I use Baidu to find chinese sites, chinese songs, even sometimes as a translator. Like I just saw the movie Sherlock Holmes, but chinese people do not know who that is at all, they only know his chinese name, Fu Er Mo Si, which sounds nothing like Sherlock Holmes at all. Baidu is very helpful to quickly find the chinese equivalent of things such as this.

Can you at least give an idea of what the article is about - perhaps why I should read it? I enjoy reading your opinions. Your one-liners don't really catch my attention. Thanks anyways.

I often use Baidu, especially for music use, like Tony. I have used it to download music and also to find new songs that peak my interest. However, I never used it for much else, other than when I was in China. In the US, I use it from time to time, but only for Chinese info or things related to China.

I don't think Google will ever have a stronghold in China unless they do something spectacular that increases their popularity. My husband refuses to use anything but Baidu, even for US related searches.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Can you at least give an idea of what the article is about - perhaps why I should read it? I enjoy reading your opinions. Your one-liners don't really catch my attention. Thanks anyways.

Quite simple it is the competion between the two giant search enities Google and Baidu for market share and the qualities of both. Who is going to wind up being number one in China?

Here is some one-liners for you.

What's the difference between chopped beef and pea soup?

Everyone can chop beef, but not everyone can pea soup!

Why don't aliens eat clowns.

Because they taste funny.

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A fsh

Two snowmen are standing in a field. One says to the other : "Funny, I smell carrots too".

Two peanuts walk into a bar.

One was a salted.