Transcripts or Returns?

I had the same issue.

They go by the most current return and I134 as far as I know.

If they get into the details they might ask for W2's to figure out who made what.

I did have all the W2's attahced to the returns.

Correct, attach any W2's and 1099's that are in your name showing your income.

This is not specific to Robert's dual income issue.

Do you need W2s in general if you are already providing the tax transcripts?

Yes, it is. No, you don NOT need the W-2's if you are submitting single-payer tax transcripts. If they want to separate your income from another (joint) taxpayer's, they may ask to see the W-2.s

I had the same issue.

They go by the most current return and I134 as far as I know.

If they get into the details they might ask for W2's to figure out who made what.

I did have all the W2's attahced to the returns.

Correct, attach any W2's and 1099's that are in your name showing your income.

Yes, it is. No, you don NOT need the W-2's if you are submitting single-payer tax transcripts. If they want to separate your income from another (joint) taxpayer's, they may ask to see the W-2.s

Thanks for the info.

By the way, I should have phrased my original question better, I didn't mean that this didn't apply to Robert, but I guess you figured out what I meant.

Just transcripts are fine.

W-2/1099 are needed if you are using copies of your past years returns (1040 + 1099/W2)

You use Transcripts OR return (1040 + 1099/W2)

Im a little confused about this. The I-134 says "If Self-Employed..." attach proof of income. Where is this requirement to provide tax returns, W-2s, and letter from employer if not self employed? Or is this just a good idea to front load so you don't get blue slipped asking for it? Are there instructions for the I-134 stating this? I didn't see it on the consulate web site.

Sorry, just saw what I think is the answer here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39975

So the consulate tends to use the same requirements for the I-864 for the I-134 but they provide the I-134 in the P3 for a K1 with no instructions to that regard?? This sounds pretty confusing for people and must result in a lot of blue slips??

I read the instructions for the I-864 and it does say it may be used for a K1, but its not provided in P3 or P4 for a K1? Im confused.

Lee

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)

Im a little confused about this. The I-134 says "If Self-Employed..." attach proof of income. Where is this requirement to provide tax returns, W-2s, and letter from employer if not self employed? Or is this just a good idea to front load so you don't get blue slipped asking for it? Are there instructions for the I-134 stating this? I didn't see it on the consulate web site.

Sorry, just saw what I think is the answer here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39975

So the consulate tends to use the same requirements for the I-864 for the I-134 but they provide the I-134 in the P3 for a K1 with no instructions to that regard?? This sounds pretty confusing for people and must result in a lot of blue slips??

I read the instructions for the I-864 and it does say it may be used for a K1, but its not provided in P3 or P4 for a K1? Im confused.

Lee

The consulate uses I-864's directions with I-134, so provide the same types of evidence as you would if using I-864.

IRS Transcripts or Returns prove income level.

Now this is interesting.

In the K-1/K-2 Appointment Packet (¡°Packet 4¡±) section of

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Inside the Letter to K1/K2 Applicants.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...nt-Aug%2009.pdf

There is this gem.

"Evidence of support. Although optional, we recommend you submit form I-134, and a copy of the petitioner¡¯s most recent tax return, and proof of current employment."

I'll be submitting my "optional" I-134 still, but, why would they phrase it that way?

There is this gem.

"Evidence of support. Although optional, we recommend you submit form I-134, and a copy of the petitioner¡¯s most recent tax return, and proof of current employment."

I'll be submitting my "optional" I-134 still, but, why would they phrase it that way?

Because it is optional, it is a tool to show that the prospective immigrant will have support and wont become a ward of the state.

A consular officer may ask for an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 and supporting documents.
(Page 10) http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

There is this gem.

Because it is optional, it is a tool to show that the prospective immigrant will have support and wont become a ward of the state.

A consular officer may ask for an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 and supporting documents.
(Page 10) http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

It wasn't listed as optional on the checklist for P3 however.

Dan is generalizing in an attempt to clarify.

The truth is quite simple - just fill out the I-134, and have it ready with 3 years of tax returns or transcripts in case it's asked for.

Trying to interpret the directions is an exercise in futility, since it is discretionary on the part of the VO, but he IS expected to determine that the intending immigrant will NOT become a ward of the state.

It is YOUR responsibility to prove that she won't.