Blue slip today Dec 21, 2009

Rick

Hi all,

I would like to gather opinions again. GUZ mainly wants me to explain how to communicate with my wife. We have phone records; however, we have nearly none letters/emails. Do you guys think it is a good idea for me to write the evolution of relationship letter and write another one in Chinese (like a translation) and get both notarize?? This might show i could write chinese as well, but that will be beyond to what they asked.

Thanks,

Ricky

Just an suggestion, if both of you have Skype, use a video recorder to type your conversation online and submit it on a CD or video record you calling you wife on the phone. I remember the blue slip we received stated you can submit video for how you communicate and an attorney I hired said so too, oo that will show how you guys communicate. As you said, make sure you do everything prefect before you sending it in, because they are only giving you one shot. Take you time, I tried to do it too quickly with our blue which I regret after receiving the rejection. Get couple of attorney's suggestion if you can. Everyone here are hoping you can get your blue overturn.

Thanks a lot for your advice,

My wife and I both can speak Cantonese, and she even answered questions in Cantonese in the interview. That's why I feel weird that the VO thinks we can't communicate since I was born in Hong Kong... As far as I know, English is not a requirement right...as long as we have common language.

We definity think to record a 5 or 10 minutes video to show them we could communite.

oh boy... you hit one of my few radar issues I follow...

Is that bad???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling is that a VO will take more notice...

The substance of any complete case will ultimately determine the outcome but most don't understand this prior to meeting their lady (most think they should consider issues prior to filing, but it all starts with your 'first step along that thousand mile journey'... per Lao Zi).

My point is: if you have a chinese background, that is your first step and you need to consider how it may affect issues...