Visa Information Call Center closing down

Saw this over at VJ. Looks like the Visa Information Call Center is closing down Jan 1st, 2010. Follow the below link for more information

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....d-services.html

Obviously, you can still take a page out of RobertH's book and continue to call DoS for case information.

Call 12026631225, when the first automated message begins, hit "1" to bypass it, and then hit "0" to speak with a telephone representative.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

This will hopefully eliminate a source of confusion , and also require that GUZ be more responsive to their email.

Exactly, I agree the call center was just a source of mis-information or NON-Information that you got to pay for.

This will hopefully eliminate a source of confusion , and also require that GUZ be more responsive to their email.

Exactly, I agree the call center was just a source of mis-information or NON-Information that you got to pay for.

I know. The call center was a complete ripoff. We used it twice, both times it was for general questions (like when we couldn't get the police cert.) and they were always like, "You should prepare what you can, you need to talk to ______, blah, blah, blah".