Chicago airport

You can wait right outside of the terminal 5 customs gate. In fact, there is even a little parking lot close to terminal 5 that you can park at.

Edit: sorry, misread your post. No you cannot wait in the baggage area. first you clear customs, the get baggage, then clear your luggage through customs, then is the baggage terminal drop-off for connecting flights. right after that is the exit gate. You can wait right outside there.

Edited by bcco (see edit history)

When someone returns from China and go through customs at terminal 5 can I wait right outside customs (where the baggage comes out on the turnstills) or do you have to wait somewhere else?

Baggage claim is in a secured area, just before customs, more than likely you could wait in the Public Area near the tram, or in the Concessions court.

http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/concession...pdf/T-52009.pdf

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

When someone returns from China and go through customs at terminal 5 can I wait right outside customs (where the baggage comes out on the turnstills) or do you have to wait somewhere else?

I was literally there last night. Although i am not sure what terminal I was in. I flew in from Shanghai. Anyway, there were plenty of people waiting right outside of customs.

I was literally there last night. Although i am not sure what terminal I was in. I flew in from Shanghai. Anyway, there were plenty of people waiting right outside of customs.

You arrived through terminal 5, it is the only terminal that handles inbound international flights.