Question about ACH/ACS

Hi,

During ACH/ACS, would they check if we are missing anything for our interview if we ask them to check? I think I would notarize my letter of evolution during ACS. I just want to know they could do a quick check of our case. Also, I have done a translation myself of my wife's marriage certificate. Anyone know if they would notarize that for me during ACS? Furthermore, for 2 documents notarization, the fee will be 50 USD. Do they accept RMB equivalent or has to in USD? Anyone know about this? Thank you. Very appreicate.

Ricky

ACS is not a walk-in service - It is also completely separate from ACH. You must make an appointment though the Guangzhou consulate website, if you want your documents notarized:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/no...ces_260608.html

I will tell you what the consulate officer told me. Notarizing your EOR letter, won't make it any more "authentic" but you can if you choose to do so if it will help you sleep better at night. It will cost you 50 USD or RMB equivalent (for two seals) to have your documents notarized. My personal feelings are this: if you are there during her interview, giving her your passport for her interview, will have just as much positive effect as going to ACH or ACS. During my ACS appointment, the VO who notarized my letter, did not ask any questions, nor, did he seem interested in answering any questions. His purpose was specific - notarize the letter that I made an appointment for. He did refer to my passport a bit, but what was that for, I can only speculate.

I did also attend ACH, but found it more for my benefit than my wife's. I brought all of our documents and tried to get the officer to look at our domicile evidence. He didn't. He said that he couldn't look at any case specific documents, but he could answer general questions that I may have. I sat for a while and watched several people talk with various VO's and none of them exchanged documents with them for review. No appointment is needed to attend ACH, however, you will need your wife's appointment letter (or at least know her GUZ number) to get in, as well as your passport.

Was ACH or ACS beneficial in getting my wife a pink slip? I tend to feel that they weren't, at least not to the point that many would hope. It was cool for me to be able to see where everything would take place and get a feel for the consulate surroundings, but that was mostly it - something to help me feel more relaxed.

During ACH I was able to direct the conversation where I wanted it to go, by asking very specific questions. In other words, I was able to try verbally to put out any potential red flags I thought existed. No documents were exchanged.

I seriously doubt if you bring your documents and say, "Hey can you look at these?" that you will get anywhere. It's better, in my opinion, to have an idea of what you're "unsure" of and be prepared to ask questions related to those issues, with the hope of opening a dialog that can address those insecurities.

All of this is based on our experiences from less than three weeks ago. Attending ACH and ACS won't offset poor preparation/documentation for the interview. It's better to get all your ducks lined up in a row before you guys even get to GUZ.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Hi,

During ACH/ACS, would they check if we are missing anything for our interview if we ask them to check? I think I would notarize my letter of evolution during ACS. I just want to know they could do a quick check of our case. Also, I have done a translation myself of my wife's marriage certificate. Anyone know if they would notarize that for me during ACS? Furthermore, for 2 documents notarization, the fee will be 50 USD. Do they accept RMB equivalent or has to in USD? Anyone know about this? Thank you. Very appreicate.

Ricky

They will notarize your signature on anything. However,

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

From the China Reciprocity Schedule http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

Marriage and Death Certificates

Available in the form of notarial marriage certificates (Jie Hun Gong Zheng [or Zheng Wing] Shu) or death certificates which are generally reliable.

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu ¹«Ö¤Êé

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov....72115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov....ide/detail1.asp

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

. . .

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)