How many f*ing times does the US need to take Biometrics

Yep a waste of $80 each time, but it is required when Removing conditions, and when applying for citizenship.

Yes fingerprints and face does not change.

Because they are the Department Of Redundancy Department. Biometrics are required for every change of status. I could understand requiring it again for AOS just to make sure that the person who came is the same person who interviewed for the visa but making them do it again for removal of conditions and again for citizenship is just silly.

We did this for the K-1 then again as part of the AOS as we are applying for the 2 year green card. Other than to collect more fees what is the purpose for yet another biometrics later? Do DNA and fingerprints change over time?

I don't get it.

It's just the way it is. <_<

It's all about money and government.

I can certainly understand why they require this. Cuts down on the number of people trading places.

That has always been my understanding as well.

"......Because they are the Department Of Redundancy Department. Biometrics are required for every change of status. I could understand requiring it again for AOS just to make sure that the person who came is the same person who interviewed for the visa but making them do it again for removal of conditions and again for citizenship is just silly....."

Absolutely, Carl, and whats worse----all the Mexicans here in the US without papers------they have to go through all of this several times more than those doing it legally........ don't they?

"......Because they are the Department Of Redundancy Department. Biometrics are required for every change of status. I could understand requiring it again for AOS just to make sure that the person who came is the same person who interviewed for the visa but making them do it again for removal of conditions and again for citizenship is just silly....."

Absolutely, Carl, and whats worse----all the Mexicans here in the US without papers------they have to go through all of this several times more than those doing it legally........ don't they?

There are plenty of Chinese that come here illegally as well. They have money and get lawyers to make them legal.

For the most part, I think you are right.

But every now and then you see stuff like this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8400222.stm

What's different is she was an illegal immigrant sneaking back into Japan. As I said earlier I can see checking once after they arrive in the US to make sure it's the same person who received the visa but I see no reason to continue after that.

I can certainly understand why they require this. Cuts down on the number of people trading places.

Right on target!

There is a big market in identity theft worldwide. Tossing an 80-dollar bill to the department of homeland security is well worth the cost of ensuring the integrity of the larger immigration investment.

Right on target!

There is a big market in identity theft worldwide. Tossing an 80-dollar bill to the department of homeland security is well worth the cost of ensuring the integrity of the larger immigration investment.

Yes - without biometrics, there is no way to verify that the correct alien is still in the country, or even alive. It would be fairly easy to pass a green card along to someone else.