K1 Vaccination requirements?

So I found this on the embassy website:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Details of vaccination instructions below.

Do they expect the beneficiary to get all of these?

DT/DTP/DTaP, Td, Polio (OPV/IPV), Measles (or MR or MMR), Mumps (or MMR), Rubella (or MR or MMR), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type B ), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza.

I can see some of them being necessary, but shots like hep a and b are usually recommended for healthcare workers. And some (like hep a and B ) require multi course shots (with schedule spanning months) for full efficacy.

Do they expect the courses to be completed before entry to the US? Nothing helpful in the instructions as expected.

Seems like they are missing H1N1. ;-)

Details of vaccination instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURAL GUIDANCE

Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

DT/DTP/DTaP, Td, Polio (OPV/IPV), Measles (or MR or MMR), Mumps (or MMR),

Rubella (or MR or MMR), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type B ), Hepatitis A,

Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza.

Applicants for immigrant visas at the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou must obtain an international vaccination record from one of the PRC Quarantine Bureau offices listed below. If you have already received some or all of the required vaccinations, you should bring your previous vaccination records to the Quarantine Bureau for verification and transfer to your international vaccination record. Physicians at the Quarantine Bureau offices can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history, and current medical condition. Only vaccinations verified or administered at the authorized Quarantine Bureau offices will be accepted by the Consulate.

{edit} NOTE B ) = :D you need to place a space between "b" and ")" if you don't want :D

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

It's my understanding that K-1 visa applicants do not need to get their vaccinations prior to the interview. My wife, was classified as an immigrant visa category (IR-1) so she had to get the series started prior to her interview - which is good enough for entry to the US. At a later date she'll finish the series in America. Your fiancee is currently under a non-immigrant visa category. For those applying for non-immigrant status, it's not required prior to interview, however, they can get them done if they choose. I believe, if your fiancee chooses to get them done after the interview (and after entry to the US), she'll need to have them administered when she goes through AOS.

My wife received three shots: Varicella, MMR, and TD (price 440 RMB)-which seems to be the norm. The doctors who administer the shots know which ones apply to the applicant and which ones they are exempt from.

More information:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=vaccinations

Searching for "vaccinations" will yield more results. Dan, makes a good point in the above link that vaccinations cost less in China than they would in America. If you can afford it now, it will likely cost less than waiting until later.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

K-1 is NON-Immigrant, they only need to do the medical exam for the visa. The vaccinations are required for immigrations, that is for GREEN-CARD, K-1 needs vaccinations to later adjust status in the USA.

Vaccinations are age specific they are different for children, adults, and elderly.

For adults the requirements are:

• MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
  • Varacella (Chicken POX)
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Human papillomavirus (HPV) (Women under 27)

Note: HPV may be in flux and dropped.

In our case my wife got the appropriate vaccinations after her K-1 visa interview before we left Guangzhou, sh then got a yellow book that we later used when adjusting status in the USA, we got the yellow book transferred to an I-693 in the USA by a US Civil Surgeon.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

So I found this on the embassy website:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Details of vaccination instructions below.

Do they expect the beneficiary to get all of these?

DT/DTP/DTaP, Td, Polio (OPV/IPV), Measles (or MR or MMR), Mumps (or MMR), Rubella (or MR or MMR), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type B ), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza.

I can see some of them being necessary, but shots like hep a and b are usually recommended for healthcare workers. And some (like hep a and B ) require multi course shots (with schedule spanning months) for full efficacy.

Do they expect the courses to be completed before entry to the US? Nothing helpful in the instructions as expected.

Seems like they are missing H1N1. ;-)

Details of vaccination instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURAL GUIDANCE

Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

DT/DTP/DTaP, Td, Polio (OPV/IPV), Measles (or MR or MMR), Mumps (or MMR),

Rubella (or MR or MMR), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type B ), Hepatitis A,

Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza.

Applicants for immigrant visas at the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou must obtain an international vaccination record from one of the PRC Quarantine Bureau offices listed below. If you have already received some or all of the required vaccinations, you should bring your previous vaccination records to the Quarantine Bureau for verification and transfer to your international vaccination record. Physicians at the Quarantine Bureau offices can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history, and current medical condition. Only vaccinations verified or administered at the authorized Quarantine Bureau offices will be accepted by the Consulate.

{edit} NOTE B ) = B) you need to place a space between "b" and ")" if you don't want B)

If money is no object - you can have them all accomplished in the US. Of course in China they are a fraction of the US cost. Also, if done in China - get them done at an approved place and certified in the "Yellow International Shot Record", else it will all be for naught. There is a list on the GUZ website of the authorized "medical places", best to get the shots accomplished there!

If money is no object - you can have them all accomplished in the US. Of course in China they are a fraction of the US cost. Also, if done in China - get them done at an approved place and certified in the "Yellow International Shot Record", else it will all be for naught. There is a list on the GUZ website of the authorized "medical places", best to get the shots accomplished there!

Thanks to all for the info.

It's actually going to be cheaper for us to do it in the US since it's all covered under the health plan once we get hitched.

Also, I tend to be leery of getting medical treatments in China unless it's absolutely necessary. But we'll see...

The medical facilities approved by the U.S. consulate would obviously meet the US requirements and standards. Nothing to worry about. Several hospitals in Guangzhou cater to foreign residents living there, thus having the level of expertise and privacy you'd expect from a hospital in the States. In fact, the hospital I was thinking about going to, almost all of the physicians were doctors who were born (and received their medical study) in other countries - not China. What you'll find in Guangzhou is a complete opposite side of the spectrum than what you'd find in a city more mainland, such as Wuhan.