Tragedy in China

Guest Tony n Terrific

It's unfortunate, but not surprising to me. A similar instance resulting in injury occurred a few years back in Wuhan. After the bell rang, I used to wait five minutes to let the stampede die down. Schools here for the most part are extremely overcrowded thus not laid-out well.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

"....Such schools tend to have large class sizes but few emergency exits or other safety features. In addition to regular daytime classes, most feature evening revision sessions that are a standard requirement for advancement in China's grueling, exam-centered education system...."

Yeah, thats the ticket... Christopher Bodeen, the AP's 'Old China Hand' continues in his 'objective' tradition of reporting the news from China.....

(as if--- this tragic story is really about: "China's grueling, exam-centered education system....")

"....Such schools tend to have large class sizes but few emergency exits or other safety features. In addition to regular daytime classes, most feature evening revision sessions that are a standard requirement for advancement in China's grueling, exam-centered education system...."

Yeah, thats the ticket... Christopher Bodeen, the AP's 'Old China Hand' continues in his 'objective' tradition of reporting the news from China.....

(as if--- this tragic story is really about: "China's grueling, exam-centered education system....")

For once I'd have to agree with you.

Now imagine the scenario featured in the article if all the nose-picking human rights monkey freaks had their way and China abolished the one-child-policy.