The Black Pearl

According to many who got white it was due to the "black pearl" syndrome regardless of the VO's race.

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :ph34r:

Since the legend of the Black Pearl lives on, when a beneficiary who has heard it gets a black woman VO she may automatically freeze up with fear. Any VO would feel that and become suspicious. It is well known that confidence helps. I think it would be a good idea for those of you coaching your sweet hearts to pooh pooh the myth and convince her the race or gender of the VO has no bearing on the outcome.

Since the legend of the Black Pearl lives on, when a beneficiary who has heard it gets a black woman VO she may automatically freeze up with fear. Any VO would feel that and become suspicious. It is well known that confidence helps. I think it would be a good idea for those of you coaching your sweet hearts to pooh pooh the myth and convince her the race or gender of the VO has no bearing on the outcome.

Agreed 10000000%

According to many who got white it was due to the "black pearl" syndrome regardless of the VO's race.

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :lol:

LOLOL, yes Pommey you deserve some credit because at least you know what you are, even IF you think it's for the wrong reasons.

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :D

Too bad Shanghai John didn't get further along in the Foreign Service or maybe he could give us the full 'skinny' on all of this!

Too bad indeed. I can tell you that all foreign service officers have secret clearance, (and I think most/all of them actually have top secret clearance). There is a confidentiality agreement that one must sign in order to take the verbal and written exams. This agreement states that you will not disclose any specifics about the content of the exams, or the examination process.

Presumably, this level of confidentiality/secrecy only gets more intense as one gets along in the process and particularly if serving overseas.

Too bad Shanghai John didn't get further along in the Foreign Service or maybe he could give us the full 'skinny' on all of this!

Too bad indeed. I can tell you that all foreign service officers have secret clearance, (and I think most/all of them actually have top secret clearance). There is a confidentiality agreement that one must sign in order to take the verbal and written exams. This agreement states that you will not disclose any specifics about the content of the exams, or the examination process.

Presumably, this level of confidentiality/secrecy only gets more intense as one gets along in the process and particularly if serving overseas.

Yes, John. The confidentiality agreement would make sense as would the security clearance.

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :lol:

LOLOL, yes Pommey you deserve some credit because at least you know what you are, even IF you think it's for the wrong reasons.

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :lol:

How tough can a interview be to get into a penal colony ? :lol:

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :)

:lol: OUCH! That hurts, LOL!

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :unsure:

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :ph34r:

How tough can a interview be to get into a penal colony ? :blink:

Hush.. I hear they aren't too proud of their beginnings.. and it was a British Penal Colony if forced to confess :lol:

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :unsure:

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :ph34r:

How tough can a interview be to get into a penal colony ? :blink:

Hush.. I hear they aren't too proud of their beginnings.. and it was a British Penal Colony if forced to confess :D

Maybe thats where they sent you know who. :lol:

But then again I'm a "Arm chair quaterback" because we got pink so what the f@#k do I know. :ph34r:

BTW, my wife has a friend who is going to your neck of the woods, Australia, isn't it? Her friend Yijuan had her visa interview...OVER THE PHONE! Now, that's really a tough interview isn't it? :lol:

Hush.. I hear they aren't too proud of their beginnings.. and it was a British Penal Colony if forced to confess :D

Maybe thats where they sent you know who. B)

:lol: :lol: