Does the co-sponsor's spouse also need to sign the form?

I remember that I read somewhere said the spouse of the co-sponsor also need to sign the I-134 form. Is it true? If so, where? At the bottom of the form?

I also have two other questions.

1, Should we hand in copies of the past 3 years of tax returns or just 1 year?

2, If we call the IRS number, could we get them to fax tax transcripts to us? If so, what sequence of numbers should we press to reach that service?

Thanks everyone and good luck on your interviews!

I remember that I read somewhere said the spouse of the co-sponsor also need to sign the I-134 form. Is it true? If so, where? At the bottom of the form?

I also have two other questions.

1, Should we hand in copies of the past 3 years of tax returns or just 1 year?

2, If we call the IRS number, could we get them to fax tax transcripts to us? If so, what sequence of numbers should we press to reach that service?

Thanks everyone and good luck on your interviews!

If co-sponsors IRS Return is a Joint filing then either seperate out spouse's income by noting on an attached sheet co-sponsor's income only separating out spouse using(W2, 1099)

Or simply have spouse sign in same line as co-sponsor. At the top of form will say Jack & Jane Doe for sponsor.

1 Recommended practice is to provide past 3 years of returns

You can obtain a transcript by calling 800¨C829¨C1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message.
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

The call to IRS is not complicated, you can reach someone very quickly.

Later when adjusting status, IF you need to use them as a Joint sponsor, then one would provide I-864, and other would provide I-864A.