Hey all! I received the NOA 1 for the I-130 yesterday, but I never received the transfer notice telling me where the petition was sent to. The VJ step-by-step says that I have to submit a copy of the transfer notice along with a copy of the NOA 1 with the I-129F. The address at the bottom of the NOA 1 was for the CSC.

Is it normal to get the NOA 1 before the transfer notice? Can I send the I-129F without it?

I tried contacting my attorney about it, but I may not hear from him for a few days cause he is on vacation.

Hey Buddy, nice to see you are still hanging in there.

I looked at the instructions at the USCIS webpage, and it says: "The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F."

It doesn't say send both. I believe that you only get a transfer notice if your file has been transferred from one Center to another. Yours just went to the California Service Center, so send your papers to the address there.

FYI here is the webpage I referred to: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

NOA-1 letter tells you which center will process the I-130, you send I-129F along with a copy of I-130 NOA-1 letter to that center, address should be on I-130 NOA-1.

Note K-3 is an optional visa type developed at a time when I-130 was taking LONG to process. For more than a year USCIS has been approving both I-129F and I-130 on the same day, if you keep the I-130 moving through NVC and opt for electronic processing at NVC you can essentially get CR-1 visa interview scheduled within weeks of K-3 interview.

CR-1 costs much less when considering cost of adjustment of status, CR-1 gets green-card upon entry to the USA.

Yeah...we are both still hangin in there. Needless to say, it has been very difficult for both of us. I plan on making my third trip there next Summer, hopefully by that time it will be for her interview. But...we'll see.

Thanks.

Yeah...we are both still hangin in there. Needless to say, it has been very difficult for both of us. I plan on making my third trip there next Summer, hopefully by that time it will be for her interview. But...we'll see.

Thanks.

One other note, the I-129F used for K-3 still asks the same questions that the I-129F you filed for a K-1, these questions may have lead to the failed K-1. The I-130 for CR-1 does not ask these questions, though name checks will turn this up anyway.

Again K-3 is OPTIONAL, you do not have to file the I-129F, you can simply stick to the CR-1 visa process.

Thanks.

One other note, the I-129F used for K-3 still asks the same questions that the I-129F you filed for a K-1, these questions may have lead to the failed K-1. The I-130 for CR-1 does not ask these questions, though name checks will turn this up anyway.

Again K-3 is OPTIONAL, you do not have to file the I-129F, you can simply stick to the CR-1 visa process.

I'm with Dan on this. The CR-1 is the best way to go. Especially when you consider that you can go for the electronic processing, and save so much time.