Shipping Christmas Gifts to China

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I was wondering what I can and can not send to China

I want to send some Hickory Farms gifts ( smoked Summer sausage and cheese all require no refrigeration . i Have in the past sent smoked salmon Also requiring no refrigeration .

I know when I fill out the costumes form I also make it in Chinese so there is no hold in Costumes

Any help would be nice

Michael-Sean

The US Post office has this: http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/ce_009.htm

Prohibitions (130)
  • Arms, ammunition, weapons.
  • Articles in hermetically sealed, nontransparent containers.
  • Chinese currency.
  • Coins; banknotes; securities payable to bearer; traveler¡¯s checks; gold, silver, platinum, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles, unless sent as an insured post.
  • Manuscripts, printed matter, photographic negatives, gramophone records, films, magnetic tapes, video tapes, etc., which could do political, economical, cultural, or moral harm to the People¡¯s Republic of China.
  • Meat and meat products.
  • Perishable infectious biological substances.
  • Radioactive materials.
  • Radio receivers, transmitters or receivers of all kinds, walkie-talkies and parts thereof; valves, antennae, etc.
  • Used clothing and bedding.
  • Wrist-watches, cameras, television sets, radio sets, tape records, bicycles, sewing machines, and ventilators.

Note I have sent a digital camera to sister-in-law even though it is a prohibited item, no problem.

Prohibitions (130)
  • Chinese currency.
  • Coins; banknotes; securities payable to bearer; traveler¡¯s checks; gold, silver, platinum, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles, unless sent as an insured post.
  • Manuscripts, printed matter, photographic negatives, gramophone records, films, magnetic tapes, video tapes, etc., which could do political, economical, cultural, or moral harm to the People¡¯s Republic of China.
  • Radioactive materials.
  • Radio receivers, transmitters or receivers of all kinds, walkie-talkies and parts thereof; valves, antennae, etc.
  • Wrist-watches, cameras, television sets, radio sets, tape records, bicycles, sewing machines, and ventilators.

Note I have sent a digital camera to sister-in-law even though it is a prohibited item, no problem.

I have sent a wrist watch , no problem. I also sent a cell phone she had to pay duty on that.

Prohibitions (130)
  • Chinese currency.
  • Radioactive materials.

I have sent jewelry (14K with precious stones) that was not insured even though it was marked on the customs form. Just to add to the list, I don't think you are allowed to send liquids of any kind through USPS, either.

On a side note, I always use a flat-rate box because those are normally the best value. You do have to make it heavy, though, or it is not worth your money (the kind folks at the Post Office showed me the breakdown). Basically your box needs to be over like 6 pounds for the medium size flat rate box to be worth sending as flat rate vs. regular priority.