A Chinese-owned GM?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

China has moved ahead of the United States this year as the world's largest market for sales of cars and light trucks. Even if there is a rebound in U.S. sales in coming years that puts American car buyers back in the lead, no expert thinks they'll be able to stay ahead of Chinese buyers for very long, especially with so many Chinese still without cars.

I can tell you right now the Chinese are shopping heavily in the U.S. auto sector, said David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research, a Michigan think tank

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/23/news/compa...china/index.htm

When in China, I noticed many Buicks, and Chevys being driven around Shanghai, and Beijing, so there are many GM Vehicles already owned by Chinese.

I think GM already has a large assembly plant in Shanghai.

http://www.gmchina.com/english/index.jsp

http://www.gmchina.com/english/corporate_i...rations_sgm.jsp

With more than 500,000 cars sold in 2007, Shanghai GM is one of the fastest growing car companies in China. The company's operations are supported by a network of about 400 dealerships, repair facilities, and auto-parts centers throughout the country. Shanghai GM was established in 1997
http://www.hoovers.com/company/Shanghai_Ge.../rcshxxi-1.html

We have two Chevy. Mine was bought in 2006. Hubby's siblings' families all at least have one Chevy and they also buy Ford. So all his relatives are American car supporters.

One of my girlfriends got a Ford at $18000 and she liked it very much, the other gf got a Japanese car at $26000 at that time and she told me her car saved gas well. When hubby asked me what car I would like, I said, just like my girlfriend's Ford, not cost much more than that. Then we went to car lot. A white man nicely showed us new cars on their lot. I happened to like the Chevy marked $26000. I said I liked it but it was more expensive than I wanted my car to be. The white guy bargined the price with us. He said it could be lowered off to $23500 if we took it that day. I still wished the price could be even lower. Hubby said, he didn't think they would lower more for me. Then I said, let's go have a look at Ford before we made a decision. The white guy didn't want to lose the business and he right away said, he would ask his manager to talk to us. Then his manager came, a Mexican guy. We said hi to each other, then he didn't bother to talk to me anymore. My husband said, we are going to buy my wife a car, please talk to her, she has the control. He asked the manage twice during the conversation to ask me what I like and don't like. But the Mexican guy's time seemed very precious and he could tell my husband would pay the bill, not me, so he only wanted to use as little time as possible to persuade my husband buy the car I was interested in. My husband kept looking at my expession when that manager talked him, not to me. I tried to be polite but eventually I wanted to go so I frowned my eyebrows a little. My husband started be unhappy with the manager. He said to the manager, sorry, I can not decide whether to buy your car not, my wife makes the decision, not me. Hubby asked me, honey do you want to look at the Ford as you mentioned. I said yes. Then we raised up from the chairs, ready to go. Now the manager put all the smile he could made on his face and only talked to me, he would lower the price to $23000 if I decided to buy the car. I said politely, no, thank you. Then he said, wait a minute, he was going to give me a surprise, then he left to another room. He returned right away, told me, he just got others calculated, I could have the car at $22000. I said, thank you but we need to have a look at Ford before we make a decision. I walked to the door, hubby opened the door. Then we left. Hubby said we were not going to pay for a car that would not make me happy.

I thought it was over with this car lot. I was not upset with them soon after we left the car lot. The white guy who showed us their cars called twice addressing both hubby and my name to show their warmth. And they also posted us a gift money for an eating place. Hubby said, he was happy with them now, especially he was happy with the white guy who showed us the cars, since he has been concentrating to explain the cars to me nicely. I said I long time ago lost unhappiness with them. I don't keep unhappiness longer than a few minutes generally. Hubby said, he was going to buy me that car since I loved it. I said, I would still like to look at the Ford, since it might be cheaper. But hubby said, just this one, he would like me to have it. Then we went to buy that car for me. Actually we were lucky, without that event we were not going to have this car at $22000. My car has the license plate encraved with my Chinese given name. Before that, we saw a car whose license plate encraved with "Mrs. Right". :lol: :lol: :lol: Hubby said, some man did what he wanted to do to my car, so we need to choose another name. I said, I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars making a special license plate, plus the money was only good to keep the special license plate for 3 years. The ordinary license with numbers on it was fine for me. But hubby wanted it. So my car has my Chinese name instead of a number on the license plate.

I love Chevy, no matter who it belongs to, China company or USA company. My car has been working well and Chevy's customer service is the best to my experience. Once I drove out of home in the morning with the highlight on, after a whole day when I returned to the parking lot I could not start my car since I did not turn off the hightlight when I left my car. There was a small painting on the window of the left door to the driver seat, saying 24 hours customer service, 1-800-chev-usa. I called that number asking help for a jump-start. The man on the phone was a very nice Hispanish man, telling me they would send their staff to come to help me soon. Very soon two nice Mexican men appeared, they started my car very fast. I truly appreciated. Without them I didn't know how much unconvenience I would have to suffer.