Birth Certificate

Hello,

My question is concerning the birth certificate for my fiancee. P3 says it must have the usual info (names, dates, place), and it states that the notarial certificate "must also indicate that the public office extracted the information from official records."

My fiancee's certificate has all the required information except it does not state that the information was taken from official records. Does anyone know if this is a problem to have changed and how can we go about to change it?

Thanks!

Tom

Unless things have changed, and I don't think they have, as long as your fiancee has that white notarial "book" containing the birth name, date, and place, she is good to go. I know others will chime in but I wanted you to get a head start in being relieved if you already have this! :)

Honestly, that was something I too wondered about with my fiance's birth certificate, police record, etc... and I worried needlessly! :)

Like mentioned above, as long as you went to the local public notary and got that white book with black letters on the cover that says ¡°³öÉúÖ¤¡± you have nothing to worry about... that's the right stuff!

Hello,

My question is concerning the birth certificate for my fiancee. P3 says it must have the usual info (names, dates, place), and it states that the notarial certificate "must also indicate that the public office extracted the information from official records."

My fiancee's certificate has all the required information except it does not state that the information was taken from official records. Does anyone know if this is a problem to have changed and how can we go about to change it?

Thanks!

Tom

My SO procured the original and translated documents from some sort of "notary" office, which is a legalized racket in my opinion, but that's another story. Apparently, these are the only type of places that people go to for these docs that the Consulate will take. From what we were told, the birth certificate has some sort of "standardized" format used throughout PRC that doesn't have this exact wording. I was wondering the same thing because of the differences between the translated docs and the wording requirement on the checklist. I was told this shouldn't be an issue.