Police Cert. question

I understand that we need 1 police certificate, regardless of where she has lived in China. However, I have another question:

Last year (July), she got a police certificate from her native hometown of Neijiang; but she has been living in Chengdu more or less since graduating high school. She has owned a condo in Chengdu for the last two years and has steady residence here since 2003.

So my question is: do we need a "fresh" police certificate from Chengdu? or will the one from Neijiang work?

- she had got the police cert from Neijiang last year because we had thought she needed one from every place she has lived (for 6 months) since 16.

I appreciate any insight. ...

I understand that we need 1 police certificate, regardless of where she has lived in China. However, I have another question:

Last year (July), she got a police certificate from her native hometown of Neijiang; but she has been living in Chengdu more or less since graduating high school. She has owned a condo in Chengdu for the last two years and has steady residence here since 2003.

So my question is: do we need a "fresh" police certificate from Chengdu? or will the one from Neijiang work?

- she had got the police cert from Neijiang last year because we had thought she needed one from every place she has lived (for 6 months) since 16.

See Randy's response above: "The one report from her hukou covers "each locality of the country of the applicant¡¯s nationality", so it applies to China as well."

The police report should come from her hukou regardless of where she has or is living in China.

See Randy's response above: "The one report from her hukou covers "each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality", so it applies to China as well."

The police report should come from her hukou regardless of where she has or is living in China.

thanks but I have a second question. the police report from her hukou was done in July 2009. We're at P3 and probably should expect an interview in May or June.

is it ok to have a police report so old? or should we get a fresh one?

I know the rules say 1 year validity, but is it better to have one more recent?

Edited by rchilde (see edit history)

See Randy's response above: "The one report from her hukou covers "each locality of the country of the applicant¡¯s nationality", so it applies to China as well."

thanks but I have a second question. the police report from her hukou was done in July 2009. We're at P3 and probably should expect an interview in May or June.

Police reports are considered valid for 1 year, so if interview happens after July you will need another.

The normal procedure is to gather these documents around the time of P-3.

Your going to be so close to 1 year that I (being conservative) would get a new one --- but that is just me.