Mailing passport from GUZ

After my wife's interview on the 25th (assuming she's successful) she will have to give the consulate her passport for processing.

Here's the deal.

1. We must return to our Chinese residence by Friday afternoon, because of work.

2. The consulate does not mail out processed passports to our city.

The Yang's have told us that we can address the EMS slip to them (GUZ send it to them - they send it to us), and they can mail it to us (EMS) for a fee of 300 RMB.

Has anyone here used the Yang's to do this? Yes, 300 RMB is expensive, however, it is still cheaper than making another trip or me, staying at the Yang's over the weekend, etc.

Why I posted this:

Jingjing was researching "the other site" :rolleyes: and came across some poor advice stating that she shouldn't go this route, however, the post was purely opinion with no supporting thoughts.

Personally, I'm cool with the Yang's doing this. We called them, and when we told them that we couldn't stay to pick up the passport, Mrs. Yang immediately offered to do this, which tells me that they've done this before and know how it works.

Any thoughts or experiences on the matter? Thanks!

After my wife's interview on the 25th (assuming she's successful) she will have to give the consulate her passport for processing.

Here's the deal.

1. We must return to our Chinese residence by Friday afternoon, because of work.

2. The consulate does not mail out processed passports to our city.

The Yang's have told us that we can address the EMS slip to them (GUZ send it to them - they send it to us), and they can mail it to us (EMS) for a fee of 300 RMB.

Has anyone here used the Yang's to do this? Yes, 300 RMB is expensive, however, it is still cheaper than making another trip or me, staying at the Yang's over the weekend, etc.

Why I posted this:

Jingjing was researching "the other site" :rolleyes: and came across some poor advice stating that she shouldn't go this route, however, the post was purely opinion with no supporting thoughts.

Personally, I'm cool with the Yang's doing this. We called them, and when we told them that we couldn't stay to pick up the passport, Mrs. Yang immediately offered to do this, which tells me that they've done this before and know how it works.

Any thoughts or experiences on the matter? Thanks!

When my wife got her blue slip the yang's did thid for us after the overcome to pink.

We had no problems get Visa/passport back.

The yang's are good people.