Wow that is quite the story. My thoughts are calling it in also when the time comes. I will be flying round trip and my wife will be flying one way. We also want to fly back to America on the same flight. I have to try to find the best way to do it.

Wow that is quite the story. My thoughts are calling it in also when the time comes. I will be flying round trip and my wife will be flying one way. We also want to fly back to America on the same flight. I have to try to find the best way to do it.

We did this when my wife came over on her K-1.

I booked a RT for me on United.com and then booked a one-way for my wife that matched up with the return leg of my trip, I was able to pick seats.

United also lets you schedule a RT that enters and exits China by different airports, in my case I entered via Shanghai, and left via Beijing, on United.com you simply do a multi-stop, and show ground transport as leg between entry and exit.

I booked a RT for me on United.com and then booked a one-way for my wife that matched up with the return leg of my trip, I was able to pick seats.

United also lets you schedule a RT that enters and exits China by different airports, in my case I entered via Shanghai, and left via Beijing, on United.com you simply do a multi-stop, and show ground transport as leg between entry and exit.

That will work for me.

Thanks

That will work for me.

Thanks

One last note, if considering using United, consider applying for a united mileage Visa Card, the sign up bonus miles and the miles generated by tips to China will more than award you several USA Domestic flights.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,10017,3865,00.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My thoughts are calling it in also when the time comes.

If you call in the order then you should already have checked out when the cheapest days are.

I gave him a range of dates of when I was willing to leave and a range of dates of when I was willing to come back, thinking he could search all those dates and find the cheapest rate. But instead he just tried the first date for each and asked if I was ok with that price. Since the round trip ticket he entered in first was already $300 more than what I had seen for another combination of dates I knew it would get even higher when I added the one-ways, so I just told him to try the dates that I knew was the lowest (another reason I say now it would have been better to do it myself).