Blue Slip- 221(g)

Hi Forum

My wife had interview on Sep 10 for Form I-130. My wife did well and passed interview and proved our marriage. She does not need another interview unless requested. VO was a young man. Got a blue slip because lacking info on my taxes and my cosponsor tax records. NVC had approved all paperwork before they forwarded them to GUZ. So, I did not know I had a problem. I live on Soc Sec and SSI. I do not need to file income tax because of my low income. I had my social security statements included

at interview, but VO kept insisting on W2's, 1099's and 1040's. Not everyone files for income tax. All I can do is resubmit statements from SSA on amounts they paid me last 3 tax years. Hope this is not a catch 22 to prevent me qualifying as petitioner. GUZ totally ignored the fact my house is paid for. Technically I don't even need a cosponsor. According to application you can use assets in lieu of income.

Learned about needing a cosponsor from failed K-3 interview. GUZ insisted on income to qualify and not assets as stated on application. They make up their own rules. The good news I heard while waiting was that the big black woman VO that failed my wife for the K-3 is no longer there!!!

The other thing was they insisted on my cosponsor provide certified tax returns for last three years. This takes about two to three months wait for the IRS to process. Should be coming soon. They also wanted a statement by my cosponsor as to why he is willing to sponsor my wife.

I am changing my cosponsor. My original one took ill and lost his job. I hope it is OK to change your cosponsor? I hope my SSA papers are OK? I wonder why the blue slip says Ir1 visa instead of Cr1 visa? What is Ir1 visa? I hope I am not rambling on. I will be 73 next month. I married my wife in Aug 2007. This will be my third winter in N. China. After being a bachelor for 20 years, I am lucky to find true love at this stage of my life

Chris

It says IR-1 visa because you have been married more than two years. A CR-1 visa gets her a two year conditional green card an IR-1 gets her a 10 year green card with no conditions.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Forum

My wife had interview on Sep 10 for Form I-130. My wife did well and passed interview and proved our marriage. She does not need another interview unless requested. VO was a young man. Got a blue slip because lacking info on my taxes and my cosponsor tax records. NVC had approved all paperwork before they forwarded them to GUZ. So, I did not know I had a problem. I live on Soc Sec and SSI. I do not need to file income tax because of my low income. I had my social security statements included

at interview, but VO kept insisting on W2's, 1099's and 1040's. Not everyone files for income tax. All I can do is resubmit statements from SSA on amounts they paid me last 3 tax years. Hope this is not a catch 22 to prevent me qualifying as petitioner. GUZ totally ignored the fact my house is paid for. Technically I don't even need a cosponsor. According to application you can use assets in lieu of income.

Learned about needing a cosponsor from failed K-3 interview. GUZ insisted on income to qualify and not assets as stated on application. They make up their own rules. The good news I heard while waiting was that the big black woman VO that failed my wife for the K-3 is no longer there!!!

The other thing was they insisted on my cosponsor provide certified tax returns for last three years. This takes about two to three months wait for the IRS to process. Should be coming soon. They also wanted a statement by my cosponsor as to why he is willing to sponsor my wife.

I am changing my cosponsor. My original one took ill and lost his job. I hope it is OK to change your cosponsor? I hope my SSA papers are OK? I wonder why the blue slip says Ir1 visa instead of Cr1 visa? What is Ir1 visa? I hope I am not rambling on. I will be 73 next month. I married my wife in Aug 2007. This will be my third winter in N. China. After being a bachelor for 20 years, I am lucky to find true love at this stage of my life

Chris

The assets in liew of income===they will only accept like stocks and bonds for this I tried the same thing so had to get my daughter for cosponser.

update for DNA test I paid the $680.00 for the test and kit november 6th it was delivered to the emassy november 9th by Fedex and signed for now 33 days later we are still waiting for embassy to dig it out of their dead file and give us an appointment. this is not service it is

inhumain treatment beings today is 1 year 4 months & 7 days since I

filed for I-129f

by being retired I will have by the time we get to go home to oklahoma

spent over $6,570.00 just to get me visas to stay in china for 2 years and for 2 visas to usa plus the $2,020.00 for the AOS green cards when we do get to go home. This while no telling how many thousands of illegals crossed our southern border to get free ss cards and welfare

medical care at the same time we have to proove that your loved one is no threat to the USA.

Now I am thinking it would be much cheaper and less troble to just buy 2 air tickets to Mexico and be done with it.

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)